Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

It does not need population problems to remain one of the worst emulated servers.

Fact is the database GM is the lowest life form. Changing DB values is the lowest form of cheating. Why not skip the middleman and just summon your items.

Pathetic.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Orc

Don't project your own server's issue onto our GMs. Wasn't it one of your co-founders that gave himself several million plat and started changing items he had on his warrior, which then forced you to roll back the server and close it for several days? http://forums.gatesoftime.com/viewto...2&t=493&p=1272

Your conspiracy theories are just an excuse for your absolute failure in Luclin/Ssra, and everyone on P2002 knows that. When you ran off to make your own server, it failed just as miserably as your guild did on P2002. On top of that, nobody cared that you left. In your overinflated self importance, you somehow made yourself believe that the biggest zerg guild leaving would cripple the server, but the fact is most of your people either came back or moved on to TLP because everyone saw that your own sandbox server was just a means to nerf all the content in the ground to a point where your "skilled raid core" could finally beat it.

Changing DB values is a logical step when content needs to be fixed/corrected. On your server, however you do it whenever things are too difficult. Keep spinning though, I'll get my popcorn.
Last edited by Bleepo; 04-06-2018 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: added link
Old 04-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

I'm not sure who you think I am. I don't care about your petty grievances with other guilds on your crap server.

Why doesn't P02 have a count of the number of people logged on anymore? Your GM said that it was an issue he was having with the counter. So two possibilities exist - either he is an idiot that cannot fix something so simple as a log on counter, or your population is so low that he is embarrassed by it. (Which I think is silly personally, as I've never found a low pop to be something to be embarrassed by) The counter disappeared right after the exodus happened. He was a sad panda that the server hit 20 people during prime time so he took it down.

I'm not talking about changing DB items because of bugs or errors, I'm talking about him changing DB things like drop % or the size of a faction hit from mobs to benefit some and to the detriment of others. He allowed some players on the server to farm KT faction incredibly quickly by making the faction hit for the dorfs in Icewell huge. They got max KT faction in a matter of minutes. This is why P02 Allaclone is no longer "open", you cannot see faction numbers and some other information anymore on it because of this GM and those that he allowed to abused it. The two GMs that left because of this individual were still around at the time and they were the ones that made the change to the clone. He did similar things with the mob that drops Remove Curse just as soon as Luclin came out, allowing some to get many copies quickly. As soon as the people that he wanted to have RC had the spell memmed (and a few copies to sell, of course!) he changed the spawn time so that others could not get the spell nearly as fast. Oh, and he threatened to ban anyone that camped the spell before he made the last change - except for his buddies, of course.

Pathetic.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Orc

Player counter has been working fine, so either you're just trolling, are plain dumb or are angry at an entirely different server. Pathetic.

Plenty of guilds were able to kill Emperor BTW. Illuminati confirmed
Last edited by Bleepo; 04-06-2018 at 04:45 PM..
Old 04-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Player counter has been working fine
This proves you joined the server after any of this happened. All I'm trying to do is warn people (like you) that the deck is stacked against you on P02.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This proves you joined the server after any of this happened. All I'm trying to do is warn people (like you) that the deck is stacked against you on P02.
Player counter was only down for month and been working fine so get over yourself.

All that you say are 3rd/4th hand account from disgruntled players that couldn't cut it.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:31 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there when it happened in the first row with a bucket of popcorn. I was actually leveling in the Grey with some friends when <Powerslave> ran past us to kill your Emperor because you guys were unable to do so. To this day I don't really understand why they agreed to rotate Emperor with you before you were even capable of killing him.

When they saw your zerg raidforce was nowhere near ready to get to Emp in the allotted timeframe, they just casually strolled in there and took it from you. And when that happened you all threw a big temper tantrum, blamed it on the GMs, and left with your tail between your legs. I am sorry to break it to you but the P99 forums aren't the best place to get sympathy for not being able to compete for raid content [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You left screaming and lying in an attempt to hurt the server, which didn't work. Now you are here on the P99 forums screaming and lying to do the same. Don't deny it
Last edited by Bleepo; 04-08-2018 at 03:33 AM..
Old 04-09-2018, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a great community over on Project 2002 full of nice players.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah I mean, there's no rule lawyering, trainquest, GM crying, camp stealing, incessant trolling, etc, but they manage. Honestly, play on p02 if you want a classicish 3 boxing server that will go to PoP. Don't if you don't. Three boxing makes everquest a different experience. Personally, I'd never go back to single boxing, but many, even the majority of people I imagine, would never go to a boxing EQ server. Their population is just fine and will continue to be fine without having to advertise here.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:45 AM
Large Bat

Every server has had there fair share of drama. theirs was a large guild that couldn't hack it, so they jumped ship.

Allaclone has NEVER shown Detailed stats, period. Many of the GM's voted to never have allaclone.

The Player counter was broken when the codebase was revamped and many new EQEmu features were pulled in including the Telnet upgrades, which broke the websites player integration features. Those WERE fixed and many more enhancements were added.

The server is not perfect, but it is a fun server to play on. No one forces you guys to go there. Try it, If you do not like it, go somewhere else. The Dev's do their best to be transparent, Planes of Power should be releasing soon and many more revamps to fix bugs are being worked on. Join up in discord and have a chat (Discord link is at the top of the website).

Common Misconceptions:

All of the GM/Dev play in a single guild -- Incorrect: Of the top 5 guilds, I know of Devs in 4 of them. Ding, TU, Powerslave and BoN. with a Guide in Unity iirc.

>3 Boxing is not enforced -- Incorrect: I see a least a few times a week the world shaking and (Indication that a player has been suspended/banned. Most of the time the GM's will say what the reason was for.)

Content is Changed to make things easier for XXXX Guild -- Incorrect: GM's are very vocal about how they will change content if a Bug or era accurate data is brought forth and presented. Not just, "I totally remember XXXX Raid doing this and dropping that".

XXXX Staff members left because of a Database GM -- Incorrect: Much of the Dev/GM staff comes and goes through out the year. Some devs take extended breaks so they do not burn out. It is just how they work.
Closed Thread