Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It shouldn't be about the pixles. When we were first starting in VP, we planned for months to get our first few dragon kills. The pixles were not a concern. It was much more about the accomplishment of killing anything in VP. That's what everything else we did was building towards. I guess FE just had different values than class R currently does. To us, killing a Silverwing that only dropped spells was so much cooler than killing 10 Trakanons or VS's.
Grats on killing VP dragons for the first time 15 years late, but a lot of us already killed them in-era long ago - killing them doesn't hold any allure for me. The only thing that matters is the people you play with - leaving the guild of people who are your friends to create a Class C conglomerate is pretty scummy.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Kobold

You momma is scummy
Old 11-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on killing VP dragons for the first time 15 years late, but a lot of us already killed them in-era long ago - killing them doesn't hold any allure for me. The only thing that matters is the people you play with - leaving the guild of people who are your friends to create a Class C conglomerate is pretty scummy.
I'm not saying that you should leave your guilds or friends. I think it's possible to have both if you do it right.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's possible to have both if you do it right.
Not as long as I'm around, mother fucker.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Despite the negativity surrounding FE and its actual purpose or agenda, I have had positive interactions with them and wanted to share one such encounter in hopes of turning this thread around for the better.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Trouble, do you really not realize the blue chat is the awesome part there, not the purple
Old 11-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trouble, do you really not realize the blue chat is the awesome part there, not the purple
I didn't cut it out, just for you.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Guy was super happy to be able to support his cause. You are a boon to your kind.

Keeps talking but it's kind of going in circles now so unless he really steps it up I'm hoping this will be enough to get people to want to play more with FE.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

I feel like 6 months down the road this has Clear vs Clear potential.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You misunderstand hitpoint I think. It wasn't about just killing something in VP, it was about coming together as a guild and accomplishing something countless people said we couldn't. Our first VP kill was like 23 FE vs 50+ TMO, back when training and all that shit was still kosher. It was Druushk, it was shit loot, but it was probably the most fun I've had on this server in 4+ years. Everything on this server has been done a million times since EQ originally cane out, and like you said, it is about doing that stuff with people you enjoy playing with. Since then I agree FE became more about pixels or server domination, but back in the early VP days, it was all about coming together as a guild to get kills despite TMO's complete stanglehold on the server.

Not everyone in raid guilds raids for pixels. For sure, some do, but some just like the challenge. I joined FE when I came back because they were new and just trying to start raid. When they merged with TMO I went back to IB because they had just come back and were the under dogs. Now that IB dominates the server I haven't raided for months. There are a lot of people with that same mentality in both guilds, but ofcourse it is way easier to just paint all of class C with a broad brush and claim they're pixel hungry no-lifers. Hell, id probably even consider Apping to a class R guild that decided to transition to C just for the challenge it'd present. Despite popular belief, some class C raiders would actually like to see guilds move up and be successful, because the current raid scene hasn't really changed since IB vs. DA.. Just different names over the years. Shit is stale and boring. Not as boring as rotations, but boring none the less.
Closed Thread