Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-16-2023, 07:29 PM
Banned

Low awareness bards sing well that's for sure. Vegas is calling you my friend.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Low awareness bards sing well that's for sure. Vegas is calling you my friend.
Nah, bards always win.
Old 07-16-2023, 10:39 PM
Banned

<inserts spiderman pointing at spiderman meme>

You're always right of course. Every second of every day. You knew when you were born. Good on ya.

In all seriousness. Take a look at the mirror. Having the capacity of self reflection is one of those adult maneuvers you have yet to figure out. Good luck out there amigo.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

most likely wizard. Necro would use shadow step and just lifetap the bard quickly. Wouldnt really be much of a fight with harm shield / invis etc.

Wizard also gets invis also so most DPS would be dead if they can get an invis off. Of course if a naked enchanter wants to try to keep a lvl 60 mezzed while chain nuking i have a hard time believing he wouldnt go oom on allot of classes.

My vote is necro or wizard. Necro have low lvl dispell that costs almost no mana also. So they can simply dispell DOTs or cure them.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya like I mentioned in first post: No reagents, but yes to all spells. I didn't mention if there were charmable mobs, but lets go with what you said with this in the Arena so no mobs available.

Therefore Mages, Necros, SKs, and Enchanters won't be able to get their normal summonable pets out. Nothing around to charm either. Limits things a little for Enchanter and Bard.

They might have other tricks though. The PVP setting might bring out different spells than normal usage. Red players probably would have interesting answers on this one. For instance a Bard constantly mesmerizing a caster may be a way to neutralize casters.

Monks and Bards interesting choices so far. Does a bard have a means to cancel a root when naked?
No regeants kind of doesn't make sense IMO. It's a massive part of the Mage class for instance. So it's not really a true 1 on 1 in the sense of what your post is trying to accomplish. If you want a real answer then you can't just eliminate someone's toolkit by not allowing regeants. Now gear is one thing, not allowing something that prevents a massive spell line from being used is another.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most likely wizard. Necro would use shadow step and just lifetap the bard quickly. Wouldnt really be much of a fight with harm shield / invis etc.

Wizard also gets invis also so most DPS would be dead if they can get an invis off. Of course if a naked enchanter wants to try to keep a lvl 60 mezzed while chain nuking i have a hard time believing he wouldnt go oom on allot of classes.

My vote is necro or wizard. Necro have low lvl dispell that costs almost no mana also. So they can simply dispell DOTs or cure them.
Bards have a few options for seeinvis that don't require an instrument. Idk if taps would land consistently, though IIRC they are or at least were unresistable on red server? I don't remember a necro being present when my bard all v alled in the Arena a year or two ago, but very few spells got through and those that did were double digit partials. Procs did seem to work regularly against resist songs, but only a few (tstaff and ranger sky bow) which were pretty devastating.
Old 07-17-2023, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards have a few options for seeinvis that don't require an instrument. Idk if taps would land consistently, though IIRC they are or at least were unresistable on red server? I don't remember a necro being present when my bard all v alled in the Arena a year or two ago, but very few spells got through and those that did were double digit partials. Procs did seem to work regularly against resist songs, but only a few (tstaff and ranger sky bow) which were pretty devastating.
Shadowstep and just chain lifetap will wreck a bard. then shadowstep and keep lifetapping. naked bards just dont have an easy way of killing a necro since their nuke heals so much.

now Bards are great against allot of other classes also though.

Necro would have a hard time against a wizard. Every class has its bane
Old 07-17-2023, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No regeants kind of doesn't make sense IMO. It's a massive part of the Mage class for instance. So it's not really a true 1 on 1 in the sense of what your post is trying to accomplish. If you want a real answer then you can't just eliminate someone's toolkit by not allowing regeants. Now gear is one thing, not allowing something that prevents a massive spell line from being used is another.
I find this compelling in terms of fairness. Who would benefit most from adding reagants back in? Probably Mages and Necros.

It's possible Melee's could make similar argument regarding having their hands tied behind their backs with no weapons. Outside of Monks and Bards the other Melees only have their fists, spells, and harmtouch for SK. On the other hand adding weapons can really change certain power dynamics given some weapons and procs power.

This is why I initially decided to make the scenario no gear and no regeants. I can see it binds a few classes in this contest back a little unfairly. Currently more inclined to let in regeants than weapons. If reagents were allowed how much better do the Mages and Necros do. It seems liked these pets could be neutralized with root etc.

Appreciate the discussion so far
Old 07-17-2023, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I find this compelling in terms of fairness. Who would benefit most from adding reagants back in? Probably Mages and Necros.

It's possible Melee's could make similar argument regarding having their hands tied behind their backs with no weapons. Outside of Monks and Bards the other Melees only have their fists, spells, and harmtouch for SK. On the other hand adding weapons can really change certain power dynamics given some weapons and procs power.

This is why I initially decided to make the scenario no gear and no regeants. I can see it binds a few classes in this contest back a little unfairly. Currently more inclined to let in regeants than weapons. If reagents were allowed how much better do the Mages and Necros do. It seems liked these pets could be neutralized with root etc.

Appreciate the discussion so far
If so necros win. manaskin and that essence emerald lifetap / pet.... i mean no weapons just chain dispell pet lol. Wizard can still deal with a necro, although tough.
Old 07-17-2023, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadowstep and just chain lifetap will wreck a bard. then shadowstep and keep lifetapping. naked bards just dont have an easy way of killing a necro since their nuke heals so much.

now Bards are great against allot of other classes also though.

Necro would have a hard time against a wizard. Every class has its bane
Idk there are numerous options to interrupt those long cast taps, with the more damaging versions taking over 5 seconds. Mez, highsun, denon's bereave, brusco's bomb. Plus bards have shadowstep on top of selo's. It's cheap, but bards can just stay oor and heal back to full repeatedly.

The obvious solution here would be to demand staff host a naked BotB, complete with relevant titles.