Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-18-2023, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting naked, no spells memmed seems fair - like a character just died and spawned in some gladiatorial hell.
NAH THERE WOULD BE NO WAY TO GET A SINGLE SPELL MEMD.

AS SOON AS YOU SIT A PUNCH WOULD HIT
Old 07-18-2023, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

EverQuest version of PUBG
Old 07-18-2023, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NAH THERE WOULD BE NO WAY TO GET A SINGLE SPELL MEMD.

AS SOON AS YOU SIT A PUNCH WOULD HIT
As all other casters happen to have access to a racial hide this issue is only really a problem for shaman, which can land a slam to buy time to mem invis. Also /boo (invis page #) mouseclick invis icon and alt 1 (to quickly mem a low level invis spell) takes less than the 3.6 seconds or whatever naked fist timer is.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-18-2023, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

This is actually a very interesting hypothetical. You could make arguments for basically all of the caster/priest classes + Bard, since they often counter each other in rock/paper/scissors fashion. If this were a bracket style tournament, I think the winner would likely be decided by an equal combination of player skill and favorable class matchups, because no single class can reliably beat every other class.

I would really like to see this organized as an actual tournament. I would bet on a Wiz, a Necro, or a very, very talented and patient Bard to win. Epic Mage could also do very well depending on specific matchups and how well the pet can resist player CC.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

In PvP does any mezz or charm actually work on a lvl 60 character? In PvE a bard’s charm and mezz are level restricted.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The obvious solution here would be to demand staff host a naked BotB, complete with relevant titles.
Yes!
Old 07-19-2023, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In PvP does any mezz or charm actually work on a lvl 60 character? In PvE a bard’s charm and mezz are level restricted.
in the arena the mez does land but it only last for a small time. With pets being allowed a naked wizard would have a problem with a necro. Wizard would of course try to root the pet immediately. As a necro i would mem both dispells and as soon as i saw a root graphics going off cast dispell on my pet. Wizard will start running, then just use root on wizard. Roots seem to land just fine on lvl 60s but just dont last long.

No pets and the wizard would absolutely dominate.
Old 07-19-2023, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a necro i would mem both dispells and as soon as i saw a root graphics going off cast dispell on my pet. Wizard will start running, then just use root on wizard. Roots seem to land just fine on lvl 60s but just dont last long.
Wizard: Roots pet
Necro: Begins to cast Cancel Magic (3.3s)
Wizard: Casts Tishan's Discord to interrupt (2.25s, 150ish PvP dmg)
Necro: Stunned
Wizard: Casts Ice Spear of Solist (4s, 800ish PvP dmg)
Necro: Unstunned, Attempts to recast Cancel Magic (3.3s)
Wizard: Casts Markar's Discord to interrupt (3.3s, 500ish PvP dmg)
Necro: Stunned
Wizard: Casts Draught of Ice (3s, 500ish PvP dmg)
Necro: Dead
Old 07-19-2023, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Is flaming sword pet any good against naked casters for bashea n stuff?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-19-2023, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
in the arena the mez does land but it only last for a small time. With pets being allowed a naked wizard would have a problem with a necro. Wizard would of course try to root the pet immediately. As a necro i would mem both dispells and as soon as i saw a root graphics going off cast dispell on my pet. Wizard will start running, then just use root on wizard. Roots seem to land just fine on lvl 60s but just dont last long.

No pets and the wizard would absolutely dominate.
One EB and the wizard is dead. He can't dispell poison dots.