Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Banned

I subscribe to the collective soul theory or something lkke it. I think Andy Weir outlined it well in The Egg, iirc. Every thing we do to other people we will experience as those people.
Old 07-05-2023, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I subscribe to the collective soul theory or something lkke it. I think Andy Weir outlined it well in The Egg, iirc. Every thing we do to other people we will experience as those people.
if you use 'exist' in the place of 'experience', sounds like memories.
Old 07-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Banned

Could be. A friend believes she has lived at least two or three other lives. Always a woman, always drowns. She avoids water. I say it's why she should learn to swim.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us are already there. I'm doing the annual mandatory compliance training now...
Even in digital hell, compliance training is in person.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

GO ON AMAZON PRIME AND WATCH "UPLOAD".... ITS LITERALLY LIKE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. GREAT SHOW.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be. A friend believes she has lived at least two or three other lives. Always a woman, always drowns. She avoids water. I say it's why she should learn to swim.
Drown in the swimming lesson. Fate.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-20-2023, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this state is achievable in life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2023, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After you die I think the most likely scenario is that you just begin life again as some other lifeform.

The conditions after you die are the same as they were before you were born, relative to "you". So unless you believe in an intangible "soul" that is somehow permanently tethered to your body after death, you'll probably just pop back into some first-person existence, maybe as another person, or some random deer or fly or some random alien on another planet.

This is both the horror and the wonder of being stuck looking out the same set of eyes until you die. It's the same for random plankton in the ocean, but as humans we get to actually contemplate it.
This is a decent enough theory. Honestly at this point we know so little about the universe anything could be possible, even a place called heaven. If anything, Earth has shown that once a planet is capable of harboring life, it will. I too like to believe in a type of reincarnation, but not one where you just become another person or creature here on this planet in this timeline.
Old 07-22-2023, 05:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dressed like that, to be frank, I'm suprised she's still a maid.
Old 07-24-2023, 01:10 AM
Kobold

I was really hoping the text box would have read

Fuck it I wanna go to hell, cause I’m a piece of shit it ain’t hard to fuckin tell
It don’t make sense goin to heaven with the Goodie goodies, fuck that shit I wanna tote guns and shoot dice

Alas