Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Sarnak

I too find it annoying that a duo pet class can hold a camp of 6 yellow mobs and not invite anyone when there are 20 people lfg. But those 2 will level fast. Not have friends. And eventually be nerfed and when they want to do something they can't handle there won't be the other classes to play with them for awhile. So let them level quickly and get ahead.. and let them wait for content.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Sarnak

But what I really find annoying is a lvl 20 ench charming a red mob from further in and coming back to the entrance and killing all the low lvl green mobs for belts/rings/pads etc to farm them when there are 3 groups in the area trying to get exp. Those people are way worse than duo'rs hogging camps.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too find it annoying that a duo pet class can hold a camp of 6 yellow mobs and not invite anyone when there are 20 people lfg. But those 2 will level fast. Not have friends. And eventually be nerfed and when they want to do something they can't handle there won't be the other classes to play with them for awhile. So let them level quickly and get ahead.. and let them wait for content.
Trying to make yourself feel better by imagining that the people who bother you are miserable? My 6-year-old daughter does the same thing when another girl at school tells her they aren't friends anymore.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to make yourself feel better by imagining that the people who bother you are miserable? My 6-year-old daughter does the same thing when another girl at school tells her they aren't friends anymore.
Their souls are stained black. Nah. I know from experience after 30 years of online gaming. I've heard the bitching and moaning, some from these forums themselves of people who get to top quickly and can't do anything of importance. They cry lack of content. They cry where are the tanks? Your daughter seems smarter than you. Great job raising her!
Old 11-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Yikes. Lol.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Love you too boo.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Skeleton

No, I don't think so. Competitive PvE is mildly obnoxious, but old school Everquest is basically just that. There is a lot of real estate out there that goes reasonably untouched because everyone wants to crowd around the same spots. No reason not to go somewhere else. It may be less efficient in the most ideal circumstances, but if you are being crowded out, it is far more efficient to leave and find a worse but uncontested resources. Basically just apply economic philosphy to the problem.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vordrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I don't think so. Competitive PvE is mildly obnoxious, but old school Everquest is basically just that. There is a lot of real estate out there that goes reasonably untouched because everyone wants to crowd around the same spots. No reason not to go somewhere else. It may be less efficient in the most ideal circumstances, but if you are being crowded out, it is far more efficient to leave and find a worse but uncontested resources. Basically just apply economic philosphy to the problem.
Yeah that's true. Just thought it seemed like somewhat of a jerk thing to do in the context of a fresh server where everyone is lower level and broke and therefore could use the opportunity to get some good EXP turn ins and some starter cash.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vordrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes... but also waiting 3 hours for a upguk group for 1 hour of play can often be more exp than going to a -zem zone and exping for 4 hours. Also loot. That is if you are in it for the exp and loot. Whereas I am perfectly fine grouping in bad exp zones if with other people to have fun with.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes... but also waiting 3 hours for a upguk group for 1 hour of play can often be more exp than going to a -zem zone and exping for 4 hours. Also loot. That is if you are in it for the exp and loot. Whereas I am perfectly fine grouping in bad exp zones if with other people to have fun with.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Recomme...s_and_ZEM_List

Just so we're all talking about the same thing.

Running around soloing in, say, South Ro, is 75% exp. Upper Guk is 150% exp. So twice as much. I'd wager that, for many people (not everyone, mind you), depending on your groupability vs soloability, you could probably pull as much or more exp from soloing in South Ro than grouping in Upper Guk if you have to wait a while for the group.

But I could be wrong, it's just a guess. Certainly leveling in a good group for the entire duration would be faster, but if you're heavily competing for mobs in UGuk, splitting it 6 ways, it's not like the ZEM is like 500% (unless the wiki is wrong.)

I do agree, though. I primarily play for the social aspect, so I'd rather take a subpar group than soloing if possible.
Closed Thread