Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Default NPC ate quest items without giving item in return - anything I can do?

Was doing Stein of Moggok quest (Exotic Drinks). Had already done it once before, but sold my previous Stein. I gave Gregor Nasin the 4 items for the compendium - nut, fish, jum, and tonic just like I had done last time. This time though he just takes the item but doesn't give me the compendium! I don't already have a compendium. Guild mate said to do /petition so I tried that but haven't gotten a response. Anything else I can do about this to get my items back? I'm upset now and it's making me me kind of not want to play anymore ;_;
Old 11-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Kobold

Probably not. That's the way it was, unless you can prove it was a glitch, and not something you did.

When I was doing the J-Boots quest, I messed up and gave Hasten TOO MUCH copper.

Poof. All that effort gone.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

sometimes people multi-quest it with the kiola nut, causing some weirdness if he already had the 3 items. try giving him another nut

should always be plan b irl too

it might be too late if its been an hour though
Old 11-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob54311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably not. That's the way it was, unless you can prove it was a glitch, and not something you did.

When I was doing the J-Boots quest, I messed up and gave Hasten TOO MUCH copper.

Poof. All that effort gone.
i feel like i did everything the same though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sometimes people multi-quest it with the kiola nut, causing some weirdness if he already had the 3 items. try giving him another nut

should always be plan b irl too

it might be too late if its been an hour though
what do you mean by multi-questing it? i did buy a number of nuts beforehand. does that matter and should it even matter? and do you mean just give him another nut by itself?
Old 11-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Fire Giant

Were you in correct illusion and/or using appropriate faction spell? Is there some chance you inadvertently clicked the items onto the wrong NPC?

Worst-case, it’s just a Stein, not your epic or anything.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

multi-questing means somebody gave him some of the items but not all
Old 11-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you in correct illusion and/or using appropriate faction spell? Is there some chance you inadvertently clicked the items onto the wrong NPC?

Worst-case, it’s just a Stein, not your epic or anything.
I didn't bother to use an illusion the last time when I did the trade successfully. He was apprehensive to me then and apprehensive to me this time. I didn't record it (unfortunately had my replay app not on at the time) but I'm fairly certain I gave the correct items to the correct NPC just like I did successfully previously, but I can't be 100% sure since I wasn't able to record it. I guess it's not the end of the world, it's not the hardest items to get. It's just really, really frustrating for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
multi-questing means somebody gave him some of the items but not all
That would then mess it up for people trying to do the quest after them? Oof [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2019, 11:25 PM
Aviak

Petition it if you really want the items back. This happened to me back on blue and sirken verified the logs and saw I handed in one incorrect item on accident. He still reimbursed all the items though.
Closed Thread