Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-13-2023, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Knowing that Drueric spent some time working Cabilis faction, my next guess is Field of Bone. Yes, bonecrawlers are as low as I think level 4 and have similar drop rates as EK spiders, and they spawn fairly commonly, but this is where we need to examine the subjectivity of the term "best." Field of Bone is very much out of the way for any non-iksar who doesn't have convenient transportation. Also, the bonecrawlers and bonebinders are random spawns among many placeholders, including marauders, which are fairly high level for young toons otherwise hunting the pit. So, if you're a higher level toon, no problem, and if you're also looking for faction with Brood of Kotiz (cabilis necromancers) then all the better. If rather, you're a level 20-30ish toon, and you want to earn exp while hunting your spider silks, then EK could definitely be considered "best" because those are the two birds you're killing with one stone.

TLDR: +1 lol at keeping secrets in a 20+ year old elf sim because you think you know something.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Kobold

You dont know what you dont know. Checkmate.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knowing that Drueric spent some time working Cabilis faction, my next guess is Field of Bone. Yes, bonecrawlers are as low as I think level 4 and have similar drop rates as EK spiders, and they spawn fairly commonly, but this is where we need to examine the subjectivity of the term "best." Field of Bone is very much out of the way for any non-iksar who doesn't have convenient transportation. Also, the bonecrawlers and bonebinders are random spawns among many placeholders, including marauders, which are fairly high level for young toons otherwise hunting the pit. So, if you're a higher level toon, no problem, and if you're also looking for faction with Brood of Kotiz (cabilis necromancers) then all the better. If rather, you're a level 20-30ish toon, and you want to earn exp while hunting your spider silks, then EK could definitely be considered "best" because those are the two birds you're killing with one stone.

TLDR: +1 lol at keeping secrets in a 20+ year old elf sim because you think you know something.
And east karana is quick to travel to? Plus the spiders there are always camped. No one is competing for spiders in field of bone. All the iksar toons Ive played from level one there collected tons of spider silk. Avoiding the big mobs there was no trouble at all. In this instance I went on my lvl 35 monk, spend about 2-3 hours there and completely filled a 10 slot bag with SWATCHES. That means aprox 400 silks. Then I got a port and delivered them to a freind who was working on tailoring over in qeynos lol. Because trying to find silks over there is balls. I know where every spider spawn is in fob, which helps.
Last edited by Drueric; 03-14-2023 at 08:43 AM..
Old 03-15-2023, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric
I wont tell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And east karana is quick to travel to? Plus the spiders there are always camped. No one is competing for spiders in field of bone. All the iksar toons Ive played from level one there collected tons of spider silk. Avoiding the big mobs there was no trouble at all. In this instance I went on my lvl 35 monk, spend about 2-3 hours there and completely filled a 10 slot bag with SWATCHES. That means aprox 400 silks. Then I got a port and delivered them to a freind who was working on tailoring over in qeynos lol. Because trying to find silks over there is balls. I know where every spider spawn is in fob, which helps.
Well, that didn't last long.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Cant keep it a secret when someone outed me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]