Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Post Advice - OT Hammer Faction & Karnor's Castle

Happy Monday everyone!

My core question; do I need to grind faction (via the Sarnak war braid quest) or pay for an MQ OT Hammer BEFORE going to Karnor's Castle, or can I pay to get it MQ'ed after trashing Venthril Sathir faction easily?

For background, I've got a 47 Troll Warrior I've been leveling as my first character on the server. Overall, it's been going great and I've been steadily gearing the guy off of saving and the occasional gear loan from kind folks.

I've been almost exclusively leveling and logging out near / in dungeons - as a Warrior non-twink I can't solo effectively and my play sessions are usually 1-2 hours in the evenings and longer on the weekends. As a result, I never did the whole OT whip grind in the low 40's in a group. I'm currently in CoM and intend to go to Karnor's Castle once I get to 50, but I'm concerned that it seems like hunting in KC trashes your Venthril Sathir faction, preventing me (more or less permanently) from getting an OT Hammer, which I definitely will want.

Anyone got any clever work around or advice on this? Should I drop everything and go and SUPER slowly grind out Sarnak whips myself now BEFORE KC, save the 2k to get it MQ'd (which I'm guessing is fastest) BEFORE going to KC, or will MQ tricks mean it doesn't matter and I can just get it regardless of faction IF I pay to MQ it?

Keep in mind, while I know a DECENT amount about the game, I know little about MQ stuff. Any advice is appreciated!!!!
Old 04-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Banned

You don't need the faction what so ever. It's also fairly easy to raise if you tag a few world dragons.

Reason you don't need faction is who ever you buy the MQ from will have you charm a mob turning it from scowling to indiff (which iirc is all you need) then you turn in.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

You cannot do the turn in at indifferent. Charming the quest mob actually raises your faction to amiable for the turn in.

To answer your question, if you're going to do it via braids, yes do it before you start EXPing in KC or HS. In fact, do it now. The weapon won't proc until 50, but the sooner you finish, the sooner you can join Kunark dungeon EXP groups without having to worry.

Also, if you can manage it, a click from an Ornate Velium Pendant could help to temporarily raise your faction above the required threshold.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 04-17-2017 at 10:08 AM..
Old 04-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Kobold

Okay - all good input so far.

Just to confirm, the MQ WILL work even if i trash my faction first?

I'd honestly rather save and pay for the MQ I think then try to grind the braids individually as a non-twin warrior, BUT I'll wait until like 51 and see if I can kill the sarnaks with less trouble - I stopped because I was taking too much damage at 40 for it to be manageable at a reasonable rate.

Wish I had some damn skill-ups in the 40's!!! Then it would be easy peazy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, you can buy the MQ even with trashed faction. Overall it's probably better to just go to KC and worry about hammer later - you'll end up with 2k after a few group sessions most likely. But if you'd rather save some coin, the OT berserkers shouldn't be too bad at 50 even with poor gear.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 04-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Cool - okay sounds like I'll be fine if I just pay for it later, but I'll take a crack at the berserkers again around 50. Hopefully by then the other mobs won't aggro as much.

Ugh, I can't wait until i get out of CoM and actually go back to having a normal hunting income. Going from MM, where I was making like 2-3k per level to CoM where it's like 800 pp, no bueno. I've been able to farm a couple of Shiny Brass Idols to keep my gearing on pace.

Would way rather spend the next 2k I make on Barbed Dragonscale Boots then on an MQ hammer lol. Will be fine paying for it once I get into KC or Seb.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know what your gear is like, but generally levels > all. At level 60 in trash gear, you have the potential to make more money than at 55 with near BIS.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Kobold

Yeah, that's been my approach too. I basically have tried to level as quickly and consistently as possible, with the exception of selling goblin ears - 30pp per ear was just too damn enticing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and got me my Frostbringer.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

At lvl 47; you could stomp berserkers easily and then hand in the braids, but to each their own.
Last edited by Whirled; 04-17-2017 at 10:59 AM..
Old 04-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cannot do the turn in at indifferent. Charming the quest mob actually raises your faction to amiable for the turn in.
Thanks for clarifying wasn't sure if it was indiff or higher.
Closed Thread