Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

You got me
Old 03-13-2017, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah....1.4 Million in IT.... HAHA....Maximum you get paid in IT is around 100k unless you are CEO of a job company. Anyone who made 1.4 million in a year doesn't need fucking craigslist for jobs.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah....1.4 Million in IT.... HAHA....Maximum you get paid in IT is around 100k unless you are CEO of a job company. Anyone who made 1.4 million in a year doesn't need fucking craigslist for jobs.
Yep, got me.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzDeep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was giving general advice to someone that is in IT, HB does tax consulting for companies. The work he does for them is probably steady and any new clients is reoccurring revenue.

The craigslist advice was just something he does to fish for new clients outside of what he probably gets from networking and referrals.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Tax consulting for companies still doesn't pay that well. I have friends who work for the IRS and we constantly have consulting companies in our office for internal audits. Unless you are auditing all fortune 500 companies and you own the consulting firm, you aren't pulling 1.4 million per year. The thing about tax consulting is you aren't selling a tangible product and audits only pay so much. Again, if you are making 1.4 million in tax consulting and you own your own company, you don't need to search craigslist for job offerings....word of mouth works well enough if you are 1.4 million in salary in your own company. 1.4 Million would mean the company would have to clear at least 2.5 million if not more per year.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

u seen HB's bank statement?

cause i definitely have
Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Lol are you that stupid to trust a document on the internet? I mean how hard is it to doctor an image?

This is some perspective for you. Average tax consultant = 50K per year. This dude is clearing 20x what the average tax consultant makes while playing Everquest? I work for an ancillary insurance company. The owner of this company already started a previous company called IAS and it sold for $100+ million. The 4 VP's above me have personally invested atleast 1 million each. We clear about 4 million a month. They take home about 300k per year. If you are successful, you reinvest your money into the company and don't take home $1.4 million. If you took home $1.4 million as a tax consultant, you would have to be a firm and you wouldn't be self searching the internet for leads....you pay people to do that for you while you focus on your clients.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Tax consulting for companies still doesn't pay that well. I have friends who work for the IRS and we constantly have consulting companies in our office for internal audits. Unless you are auditing all fortune 500 companies and you own the consulting firm, you aren't pulling 1.4 million per year. The thing about tax consulting is you aren't selling a tangible product and audits only pay so much. Again, if you are making 1.4 million in tax consulting and you own your own company, you don't need to search craigslist for job offerings....word of mouth works well enough if you are 1.4 million in salary in your own company. 1.4 Million would mean the company would have to clear at least 2.5 million if not more per year.
I literally don't do a single thing you just typed in that essay. You also seem to have a very poor understanding of how networking works, and how to look for potential additional revenue streams.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure why I'm bothering explaining this but I'll try nonetheless.

My particular field is Tax Resolution, which is easiest explained as settling or negotiating peoples IRS and/or State Tax liabilities. Many companies that advertise this that you may see on TV or hear on the Radio are actually just boiler rooms with a bunch of sales people with no back end to service the clients, or, have a few attorney's on staff who suck and can't handle the volume of clients these companies bring in. I have mastered this particular field and can service hundreds of clients at a far cheaper cost to these companies than salaried employees. In turn, I typically get some form of revenue share on the cases sent to me. I am constantly looking to build relationships with new companies to send their clients to me to service. Most of the companies in my industry advertise for job opportunities on craigslist. For me, it is more profitable to focus on what I am best at which is the client servicing end, and continue to build that out via new relationships with other companies, rather than investing it into trying to build out my own pipleline for client acquisition for a variety of reasons.

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

If you are doing Tax Resolution and aren't buying the debt....the incentive and payout is very small. When you are going to a company and saying I know my client owes you 5K or X amount of dollars but he can only come up with 3.5K on a payment plan, what is your profit on that? And you also still need to wait til the client pays until you get paid which is probably a 50/50.

If your talking on a large scale of settlements worth 1 million or more...Wouldn't it make more sense to file for extensions or bankruptcy?

You say you are processing hundreds faster than anyone else for a cheaper rate...how? If you're a one man show you wouldn't have the time for this. If you have multiple employees, maybe...

I don't really believe it, it's possible but sounds and looks like bullshit. I'm naturally curious though as I said I have friends in the IRS and I work in the financial field(more on an insurance basis) as well. Some of this stuff is new to me.

The thing about craigslist gets me because companies that are valued at 500K or more typically have dedicated lawyers or tax consultant companies that do this type of work for them (regardless if it is tax debt consolidation) and wouldn't be posting on craigslist. Most run off of word of mouth or social networking (Linkedin, Etc.). If this is for individuals and not companies.....yeah no way at 1.4 million.
Closed Thread