Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feel free to app...
i c wat u did ther
Old 04-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to admit that, after looking at a lot of my posts, I might come across as whining from time to time. I know that, and when I do, I'm ripe for being made fun of. That's fine; if nothing else, it'll keep me sharp. It'll help remind me to stay focused on what's important.

This, all of this, is about putting your best foot forward.

I don't come here looking for some sort of false intellectual validation. (Don't get me wrong, who doesn't love to be told they're right?) I come here because I believe there's something to be gained from engaging a community head-on. While RnF has its regulars, there's a lot of lurking, and the community takes note of what people say and do when they're in a relatively consequence free environment.

I value TMO as an organization and I'm grateful for the friends I've made within it. I'm going to do what I think is right to help TMO, and the server, prosper. Even if it means upsetting some people within or outside of my guild. I know that your post was sarcasm of the highest sort, but such things do help me keep perspective. So, in a way, thanks. I know that I'm not, in your words, "built of high moral fiber," nor do I expect to be. I just aim to call things as I see them as honestly as I can. Whatever form that takes. Sure, I'll have setbacks. From a PR or political standpoint, Getsome got me good today. I can explain it all I want and give context, but it still might make me look hypocritical. While I stand by what I said, I recognize that it can be used in a way that works against what I want to do. Live and learn I suppose.

You can prod at me, you can call me out, and you can rage all you want. But you'll never change what I do. Actions are what matter, and while I'm not perfect, I'm going to do my level best to help my guild and this server because I value and respect those who make them a better place. Be they publicly requesting that my guildmates exercise a bit more restraint, or publicly admitting that Maverix was right to question my motives, actions are the building blocks of lasting positive change. Bardalicious hit the nail on the head. I can't expect to come here and not get dirty. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Building a house can be hard dirty work, but laying a foundation is important.

Provoke me, poke holes in my arguments, and call me out. These will only bring me back to my roots. At the end of the day, though I may fail, I will have done my best to build something respectable.

Can you say the same?
You're still just a good german.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to admit that, after looking at a lot of my posts, I might come across as whining from time to time. I know that, and when I do, I'm ripe for being made fun of. That's fine; if nothing else, it'll keep me sharp. It'll help remind me to stay focused on what's important.

This, all of this, is about putting your best foot forward.

I don't come here looking for some sort of false intellectual validation. (Don't get me wrong, who doesn't love to be told they're right?) I come here because I believe there's something to be gained from engaging a community head-on. While RnF has its regulars, there's a lot of lurking, and the community takes note of what people say and do when they're in a relatively consequence free environment.

I value TMO as an organization and I'm grateful for the friends I've made within it. I'm going to do what I think is right to help TMO, and the server, prosper. Even if it means upsetting some people within or outside of my guild. I know that your post was sarcasm of the highest sort, but such things do help me keep perspective. So, in a way, thanks. I know that I'm not, in your words, "built of high moral fiber," nor do I expect to be. I just aim to call things as I see them as honestly as I can. Whatever form that takes. Sure, I'll have setbacks. From a PR or political standpoint, Getsome got me good today. I can explain it all I want and give context, but it still might make me look hypocritical. While I stand by what I said, I recognize that it can be used in a way that works against what I want to do. Live and learn I suppose.

You can prod at me, you can call me out, and you can rage all you want. But you'll never change what I do. Actions are what matter, and while I'm not perfect, I'm going to do my level best to help my guild and this server because I value and respect those who make them a better place. Be they publicly requesting that my guildmates exercise a bit more restraint, or publicly admitting that Maverix was right to question my motives, actions are the building blocks of lasting positive change. Bardalicious hit the nail on the head. I can't expect to come here and not get dirty. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Building a house can be hard dirty work, but laying a foundation is important.

Provoke me, poke holes in my arguments, and call me out. These will only bring me back to my roots. At the end of the day, though I may fail, I will have done my best to build something respectable.

Can you say the same?
You're trying a bit too hard Xasten.

It's kind of obvious for everybody you're far from the reasonable and moral person you're trying to paint of yourself here in RnF (cf screenshot). That's what Shade explained pretty much in a sarcastic way.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Closed Thread