Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

I also noticed that if you have your pet sit really far from an NPC that attacks you, your pet will only attack when the NPC gets within line of sight.

Intended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Banned

Also not classic and broken. It's unintentional.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also not classic and broken. It's unintentional.
Im sure its working a little different than live, but the original eq devs have said more than once that pets were supposed to be hard to control.

And this is pretty close to live classic. And I would rather have this, than pets disapearing, falling through the world, horrible pet pathing ( like some other box's )

There is a reason they added so many extra pet commands later on like /hold with AA's etc. Think about it.

In the end however, if you have two targets your pet should stick to the mob you have it assigned to ( mob 1 ) unless its being hit by mob 2 in melee range, or mob 1 dies. There is extra pet A.I. on this server that isnt so classic. But like I said, I would rather have it this way than everything else being screwed up.