Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Default Shouldn't level 12 necro Convoke Shadow pets be able to do magic damage?

I don't remember having to wait till level 16 for my necro pets to hit willowisps.

Someone ingame just told me he had to wait till level 16. By then willowisps are blue/light blue. Even at level 12 they're blue. I think it's supposed to be level 12.

I even saw this from these forums http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=11511:

Quote:
What does your pet con to you? The lowest level pet you get at level 12 will not be able to hit magical, all other pets will. I leveled from 8 to 14 on my necromancer killing only wisps on Erud's Crossing. The highest level pet you you can summon with Bone Walk is red at level 8 and cons even at 11 so any pet you summon lvl 11 and over can hit magical. Its going to cost you some bone chips to get the right pet. Be certain at level 13 you can summon a pet to hit magical creatures with the spell convoke shadow.
But so far at level 12 I cannot summon a pet my level (and I've tried many many times; they're all blue or light blue) and none can hit willowisps. It's Convoke Shadow I'm using.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or he didn't level from 8 to 14 killing wisps without outside help from someone who can summon magic weapons.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 10-12-2011 at 08:45 PM..
Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

I recall pretty clearly that this pet could hit wisps sometimes, I think it needed to summon at the highest possible level to be able to do so. This was a while ago though and it might have changed. I remember having to cast the spell like a dozen or more times sometimes to get the right pet, so make sure you have reclaim energy.
Last edited by Dentalplan; 10-13-2011 at 12:38 AM..
Old 10-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

That would be the one that hits for 16 damage. I do occasionally get it, but I've been giving my pets magic daggers tonight so I don't know if it could hit without it.

I just remember fighting willowisps at level 12 because they were a good source of pp, exp and faction (neriak).

Speaking of wisps, since my hunting spot is West Commons and I've spent a crazy amount of time there in classic, there's some spawn/pathing issues in that zone. Kodiaks roam the sand near Befallen and the hill giant and griffon don't move. The south wall had ghouls and skeletons and the north wall had the kodiaks, but never did I see a ghoul near north wall or kodiak near south wall.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentalplan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall pretty clearly that this pet could hit wisps sometimes, I think it needed to summon at the highest possible level to be able to do so.
This is also what I think it was like, at least in 2001 when I started.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Kobold

they can, you just need to summon a high enough level pet like was said
Old 07-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Aviak

I just experimented with 7 blue con pets, summoned with Convoke Shadow. Only one of them was able to hit a wisp. I don't know any way of figuring out the relative level of a pet, so how does one tell BEFORE attacking a wisp whether your pet is able to hit it or not?
Last edited by Grumble; 07-22-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

I know people will probably think I am just trolling but I got to say I'm always amazed by how many posts there are about this subject. You are in that level range for such a short period of time and you don't have to kill wisps, maybe I am missing something.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 07-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

I cared about this for the whole half hour my necro was 12-15
Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumble [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just experimented with 7 blue con pets, summoned with Convoke Shadow. Only one of them was able to hit a wisp. I don't know any way of figuring out the relative level of a pet, so how does one tell BEFORE attacking a wisp whether your pet is able to hit it or not?
Kill a few non-wispy enemies first. If your pet hits for 16, then it should be able to hit the wisp. I think it's 16, atleast. If he doesn't hit for 16 for awhile, then he's too low a level.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Large Rat

You'll need to summon the highest level pet with convoke shadow, which can take a few tries and finding out if you did can be tricky. Originally there was a lot of complaint about this so at some point sony made it so you always summon the highest level pet. As you can see in p99 we haven't, and may never, hit the point when that occurred. I don't know when it was that they made the change.
Closed Thread