Planar Protector

Default Whats the story behind Najena?

Who is this woman, what is she up to?
Old 09-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Uh slut.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Najena is the ancient home of a twisted dark elf magician named Najena, who carved out this hole in the hidden areas of the Lavastorm Mountains in which to carry out her experiments, as well as those of her allies. The undead walk the halls as if it is home. Various keys are used throughout this zone.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Has anyone seen more expanded lore about Najena? I looked and all I could find is the small text posted in previous message... there is some lore from EQ2 site, but I am not sure it applies to EQ1 canon.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Skeleton

Najena is the name of my mage on Live.

It's lulzy killing myself.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Banned

"I could discover little about the origins of Najena, as she was careful to kill anyone related to her, and her name was burned from the records in Neriak. Her own father and mother were slain by her hand, her cousins, even her intended husband. But one thing was certain, she either trained under, or found extensive literature of the legendary Miragul. How else could a mage command the undead? Her experiments were twisted enough that even the dark elves shunned her from Neriak, and so she journeyed North, into the bitter lavastorm mountains. With her she brought a small cohort of ogres and elves whom she had bent to her will.

They found a series of caverns in the eastern steps of the mountains. From there, they delved deeper, forming a labyrinth rife with traps and protective measures. For Najena had strayed from the teachings of her Master Miragul, and dreaded he find her. Of the Dark Elves of Neriak she had no concern. She had confidence in her undead guardians and magical wards - they would never disturb her research again.

It is my hypothesis that she has lived in her foul den for decades, luring in the unwary wanderer and torturing them, twisting and corrupting them to her will. In this way her caverns became a fortress, populated by terrors unnamed to the people of Norrath.

If one dares to cross into this den of dark magic, be warned: you will find only confusion, and in confusion, terror. It is not uncommon that bands of adventurers find only insanity as they go deeper into this twisted labyrinth, and in the darkness, betray one another.

I deem Najena a class two threat to Rivervale and the Misty Thicket. However, as long as Roglio keeps a station of Leatherfoot Raiders in Neriak, we will have a vanguard against her unholy might."

- The Journal of Filbus Furyfoot, Lord of the Misty Thicket
Old 09-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Nice find! I love reading EQ lore.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I could discover little about the origins of Najena, as she was careful to kill anyone related to her, and her name was burned from the records in Neriak. Her own father and mother were slain by her hand, her cousins, even her intended husband. But one thing was certain, she either trained under, or found extensive literature of the legendary Miragul. How else could a mage command the undead? Her experiments were twisted enough that even the dark elves shunned her from Neriak, and so she journeyed North, into the bitter lavastorm mountains. With her she brought a small cohort of ogres and elves whom she had bent to her will.

They found a series of caverns in the eastern steps of the mountains. From there, they delved deeper, forming a labyrinth rife with traps and protective measures. For Najena had strayed from the teachings of her Master Miragul, and dreaded he find her. Of the Dark Elves of Neriak she had no concern. She had confidence in her undead guardians and magical wards - they would never disturb her research again.

It is my hypothesis that she has lived in her foul den for decades, luring in the unwary wanderer and torturing them, twisting and corrupting them to her will. In this way her caverns became a fortress, populated by terrors unnamed to the people of Norrath.

If one dares to cross into this den of dark magic, be warned: you will find only confusion, and in confusion, terror. It is not uncommon that bands of adventurers find only insanity as they go deeper into this twisted labyrinth, and in the darkness, betray one another.

I deem Najena a class two threat to Rivervale and the Misty Thicket. However, as long as Roglio keeps a station of Leatherfoot Raiders in Neriak, we will have a vanguard against her unholy might."

- The Journal of Filbus Furyfoot, Lord of the Misty Thicket
A+
Old 09-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Filb should have a GM lore given title in game
Old 09-05-2015, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

Excellent story!
Closed Thread