This quarter

DFEN Apr 16 exp. 15/14 put credit spread x 40

ET Apr 16 exp. 7/6 out credit spread x 10

NKLA apr 16 exp 17.50/15 put credit spread x 20

6k invested. Max return 10k
Old 01-21-2021, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not trolling at all, happy to send you a screenshot on discord. Did you know the best performing mutual funds over the last 1, 5, 10 years all have one thing in common? Very Weighted positions In one or just a handful of stocks making up over 50% of the entire portfolio.
Because those things are performing and continue to perform

every fidelity fund is over 30% with otc over 60% even idiots can win at investing

except gwahir he has no money
Old 01-21-2021, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not trolling at all, happy to send you a screenshot on discord. Did you know the best performing mutual funds over the last 1, 5, 10 years all have one thing in common? Very Weighted positions In one or just a handful of stocks making up over 50% of the entire portfolio.
No they don’t buddy

VTSAX and FZROX have 6%ish in AAPL and that’s their largest holding

You are gambling and not investing. That isn’t smart. You might end up getting lucky, and I hope you do, but your desire to get rich quick is more likely to get you and others burned than to be a safe investment
Old 01-21-2021, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I bought alkaline water at $0.95 because they’re starting to make CBD drinks. Little downside, with some potential upside. I bought BB @ $6.80 as well

But I’m overwhelmingly invested in passively invested index funds wirh low expense ratios
Old 01-21-2021, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No they don’t buddy

VTSAX and FZROX have 6%ish in AAPL and that’s their largest holding

You are gambling and not investing. That isn’t smart. You might end up getting lucky, and I hope you do, but your desire to get rich quick is more likely to get you and others burned than to be a safe investment
That’s cute that you think funds with 20% yoy are top earners, our conversation just ended. If I wanted super steady income that’s less aggressive I’d be investing in FSCSX which as a fund has averaged over 16% annual returns since 1985 the highest of all mutual funds long term of 20+ years. Guess what 25% of it’s entire portfolio is one stock - Microsoft.

Look at BPTRX a fund that’s returns 1, 2 and 5 absolutely crush your recommendations:
1 yr - 125%+
2 yr - 250%+
5 yr - ~500%

Oh guess what that fund, 90% of its holdings are NINE stocks. Diversification is the Stone Age of investing and worked back in the 80s, these days getting rich, REALLY rich involved picking top top tier companies and investing heavily in those few and not spreading your money out. If you don’t believe me look at these funds above where people who are much wealthier than you or I trust these fund managers with Billions of dollars and they outperform.
Last edited by Zipity; 01-21-2021 at 08:00 PM..
Old 01-21-2021, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Do you know what an expense ratio is?

Just buy and sell Bitcoin if you like gambling
Old 01-21-2021, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know what an expense ratio is?

Just buy and sell Bitcoin if you like gambling
Funny thing is the examples I have also have small expense ratios and if it’s an extra half a percentage point hundreds of percentage points in gains is well worth it. You truly are a dolt when it comes to investing.

FSCSX expense ratio is 0.70%
BPTRX Expense ratio is 2.2% but has returned 500% gains in 5 years.

I’m not suggesting to blindly invest in single stocks - I am advocating to do your research and put all of your money to work in companies that are market disrupting, well run, value deals with huge upside and you will do much much better than spreading your money out.

Index funds invest in and track the entire broad market they have the bad apples with the good, mutual funds have professional analysts and traders who actively try to beat the market. There are a few select money managers whose funds have consistently beat the market by several percentage points for decade(s). These are much better than index funds especially so in this day and age. If I were you I would do some research into ones that out perform the market and then choose the one whose expense ratio and holdings you like. Compound interest is an extremely powerful thing and if you are missing out on even 2% per year it adds up. I am happy to help you.
Last edited by Zipity; 01-21-2021 at 08:31 PM..
Old 01-21-2021, 09:03 PM
Banned

i know bitcoin is going to 100k but fuk its a rough day for my coins
Old 01-21-2021, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Get rich quick schemes in a Roth IRA where even if you did get rich quick you’d pay heavy penalties

Seems like the youth have it all figured out. Jesus Christ we sure did a number on you guys, no grip strength and no brains
Old 01-21-2021, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Get rich quick schemes in a Roth IRA where even if you did get rich quick you’d pay heavy penalties

Seems like the youth have it all figured out. Jesus Christ we sure did a number on you guys, no grip strength and no brains
I have no intention of cashing my Roth out early, I do however plan on maximizing the amount that’s available in 27 years when I am 59 years old, as I get older I’m sure I will dial back my aggressiveness a tad but I am highly confident this strategy will pay off, I’ll wager 100,000platinum on blue or 10,000platinum on green that my single stock TTD does better than your index fund by EoY
Closed Thread