Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

I would disagree that the philosophy you use to try to bolster this server is in any way applicable to planned GM events where you have very specific expectations for the players.

It's your game at that point, you have their attention, you ultimately have the power, and you can essentially do whatever you want.

I don't doubt that an AoN was on CT and, out of frustration built up over the entire night, you basically withheld it from the people, and rightfully so.

At the point that you structure a GM event with certain guidelines, the typical and regularly used server guidelines take a backseat to a degree.

I don't disagree with you on really any point but that - it's subtle. It absolutely is up to the players to make the server work well, but when everything goes to shit and what you had planned produces the opposite effect, I do think it's up to you to force your hand and guide those events back to something palatable for the server as a whole.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind I wasn't at the event, but saying that it will require many different guilds to kill the given mobs isn't very hard to understand or comply with.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Skeleton

buhbuh I dont think people were concerned about loot I think the problem was more than half the server just wanted to pvp for the event. dont quote me tho I could be wrong.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, from my understanding it was just a lot of griefing and corpse camping with one guild holding down the zone for hours all night long.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, from my understanding it was just a lot of griefing and corpse camping with one guild holding down the zone for hours all night long.
if you watch the stream you will see that there were about 5 guilds there. azrael was only there for about 30 minutes once they were told they were going to be required to play with nihilum they all left but 1 or 2
Old 09-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard this way too many times, so two things:

1) PvP was only stopped in Dagnor's Cauldron after the mob was killed. This was necessary in order for me to sort out who was present for the kill and who wasn't, in order to determine who was allowed to roll. PvP was not stopped so that people could cooperate. Anyone who thought that was the case is greatly misinformed.

2) In regards to running a "PvE" event on a PvP server, I fully expected PvP to go down. I actually had hoped for a large two or even three-sided battle between the various factions. But I had also hoped that after the fight was over, everyone would join together to down the target (which would require upwards of 50 level 50+ characters), with the winner of the PvP side of things grabbing loot rights.

It's akin to dropping a mob in the middle of a zone with some items after summoning all the high level characters there. Then telling them to fight for the loot. The only difference being that the mob in this case was extremely hard to kill, dynamic, and a much more interesting fight than what you see from other NPC's. Lets be honest, hopefully none of us are here just to auto-attack bosses that have been researched and quantified over and over for the last 15 years, to the point where everyone knows how to beat them. But a massive fight after a huge PvP battle with mechanics that you've never experienced before should have been an experience everyone could enjoy.

I hope that clears things up a bit. I'm sure there are some of you who still think that you can only run pure PvP events on a PvP server, but that shouldn't be the case. We've done that, it's fun, but this was something different meant to get everyone to experience a massive boss fight together.
Derubael, again I wasn't there, and that event sounded like it would have been a lot of fun to me. Actually, for all the bitching, i'm sure it was STILL more fun for the whiners than grinding exp or camping some beetles in seb.. ppl just like to complain ,they will complain about anything anyone ever does on this server.

Should just plop a mob like that down in the Arena, or rathe mountains, or DC, or TT or swamp - some under-used zone (not on the way to unrest, let the newbs get there still) and then LEAVE and let the players figure it out themselves... so you dont even have to babysit. bet it would stay up a looong time. until players realized they had to work together.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derubael, again I wasn't there
shocker
Old 09-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shocker
i fell bad. i let you down by not being there for you HB
Old 09-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

feel. fucin rnf
Old 09-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

just sayin you don't play here so your opinion is worth about 0