Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Developer

I can't remember for sure, but didn't you have to leave the right guardian up? And you only had the correct one, by either luck, or cheating with the likes of showeq? Didn't you need the one whose name started with a '#'?

I spent a few times farming the spiroc lord on live. So been there to see it work.

H
Old 12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't remember for sure, but didn't you have to leave the right guardian up? And you only had the correct one, by either luck, or cheating with the likes of showeq? Didn't you need the one whose name started with a '#'?

I spent a few times farming the spiroc lord on live. So been there to see it work.

H
I don't understand, there should be only 1 guardian no?

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 12-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand, there should be only 1 guardian no?
Correct, there is only 1 Spiroc Guardian. However, there are 3 Spiroc vanquishers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned

No, Haynar, there was and is only 1 guardian. There are 3 vanquishers though, and their appropriately tagged mobs: arbiter, banisher, caller, expulser, revolter, walker. A particular set of 2 mobs are tagged together along with a vanquisher who's attached to these particular 2 mobs (be it arbiter/banisher or walker/revolter, caller/expulser). Each set of 2 is attached to a vanquisher and if that particular vanquisher doesn't die then the arbiter/banisher will respawn after death, so you have to watch the pathing to pull the proper vanq and 2 mobs. The particular vanquisher was picked out by watching the pathing on live and it's done the same way here. From what we've observed this part is working correctly.

The guardian can himself instantly respawn, but only if another vanquisher is up (and thus another 2 mobs attached to that vanquisher, because it's impossible to kill the other 2 trash with him still being up). The guardian, though, shouldn't be attached to a single vanquisher, but rather all of them. So long as there is 1 vanq up guardian should be respawning. This we haven't tested yet.

The Spiroc Lord is attached to the guardian. There should be no particular guardian that makes Lord spawn, just as there is no particular vanquisher for the guardian to respawn. So long as there is 1 of them up it will suffice (and because there is only 1 guardian at any given time, Lord always instantly respawns as long as he's up).

The only mobs that are attached to a particular mob are the 6 differently named instantly respawning trash mobs that are attached to a vanquisher and drop no loot.

EDIT: The trash mobs > vanquisher is working fine. We've tested this before (a month ago or so?) and they respawned when their vanquisher was still alive. We actually reported the bug before when they weren't respawning and that's all sorted out now (or presumably, haven't tried it in a month or so). The issue is that the Spiroc Lord isn't respawning when the guardian is up, and whether the guardian respawns if a vanquisher is up we just haven't tried, but judging by the pathing and the aggro radius we probably couldn't try unless we decided to off-tank 3 mobs at once and that part is easier for you guys to check :P
Last edited by Skope; 12-04-2010 at 08:23 PM..
Old 12-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Developer

See. I don't remember.

H
Old 12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

1 Spiroc Guardian kept alive yields infinite Spiroc Lords.

It has stopped randomly after 1, 2, and 5 Spiroc Lord kills.

I never farmed Spiroc Lord on live but I think everyone agrees about the issues here~
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Bumping this thread as the issue still exists. 2x spiroc lords killed then he stopped respawning so definitely something fishy with the script.

A 2nd Spiroc Lord should never spawn if one is already up, suspect this has something to do with farming it and then the 8 hour respawn timer popping another..needs to be some check for if one is up then don't do it.

While that is getting looked into, overseer of air should never despawn either, on live it was possible to have dozens of them up at a time if the server was up that long with noble dojorn being killed regularly. Here it seems only 2 can be up and then they start despawning as fast as they spawn.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

The thing is this script was working fine in the past. I think we killed him at least 3-4 times in one session before.

So the correct code was definitely there at one point.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Or you got lucky and got 3-4 before the 5th one bugged you. There is an element of randomness to it.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has stopped randomly after 1, 2, and 5 Spiroc Lord kills.
Closed Thread