Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ToV being a training shit show is classic though. I took off school as a kid to train the Euro guild that was trying to snipe Vulak when we left Vyemm and Vulak up one night.

Pulling dragons to the zone line? I dont remember anything like that. I highly doubt that was going on back in the day.
But it was probably possible.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
[1:23 PM] Braknar: Has there ever been 8 guilds competing for ToV?
This line right here is the biggest pile of nonsense I’ve read. There are 3, maybe 4, guilds actively competing in NToV week in and week out. That “8 guilds” figure is tossing in all the random Lord Bob open HoT raid participants, and any other guild that happened to go in and farm HoT that week. Halls of Testing is not the raid scene.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I hate to say it, but none of these ideas will probably change much, the more dedicated that can devote the most time will get the most loot, especially when most of these people are all in the same guild. Really we should be recruiting and strengthening our position to compete. This said I think it would be cool if a guild killed a ToV dragon the previous week, that the following week they wouldn’t FTE a Kunark dragon upon spawn for 2 minutes. This way smaller guilds could get a healthy shot at warrior/bard epics and VP keys. I almost guarantee big guilds would still get their fill of sev/gore/trak and us smaller guild would have no excuse when we don’t. Be really cool for some more guilds to be able to compete in VP.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it was probably possible.
Do you want classic or do you want possible classic?

Boxing was possible in classic and banned here because it was very uncommon and would be way common here at the expense of the game.

Clearly we’re willing to take measures to remove “possible” if it makes the experience closer to classic.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard it from the top: they're happy with how things are. If we can't change Rogean's mind, nothing will change. And since he no longer engages with the community, that seems to be pretty much impossible to do.
Well I think that's pretty obvious man, I said it before and I'll say it again, the people running this server do not care if you don't get a chance to do what you want to do in the game. From the beginning Rogean and Nilbog simply said they wanted to create and host a classic EQ server just so it would exist somewhere. They never said anything about wanting to make sure it was fun or accessible to everyone.

But at least we know that Nilbog hasn't taken the idea of instancing raid content completely off the table, from the sounds of it he seems to think that sounds like a better option than forced rotations or lockouts.

I agree with him, and if they are going to take any significant action I think it would be the best option. It would resolve the majority of peoples complaints and still provide you with whatever you think of as a classic raiding experience as long as you can find like minded people to go into those instances with.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

#freenaethyn
Old 04-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you want classic or do you want possible classic?

Boxing was possible in classic and banned here because it was very uncommon and would be way common here at the expense of the game.

Clearly we’re willing to take measures to remove “possible” if it makes the experience closer to classic.
I’m positive it would have worked back then. Nobody knew to try it. That’s the beauty of it. The first time I went to tov (which was almost 2? Years after velious was released) and saw a dragons corpse at the zone line I thought... wtf that’s awesome how did they do that??

If the dragons are rooted; or if DA was illegal in tov, it would give aftermath more advantage, not less.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, AM’s own leadership called last night the Wild Wild West.

Detoxx’s own response to my statement that this box is worse now than a year ago was “yeah, but it’s all we’ve got.”
[Fri Apr 05 22:46:39 2019] Baylan tells you, 'and here's the thing about those concessions'
[Fri Apr 05 22:46:41 2019] Baylan tells you, 'why should we care'
[Fri Apr 05 22:46:44 2019] Baylan tells you, 'we don't come here every week'
[Fri Apr 05 22:47:02 2019] You told Baylan, 'welp now u got 2 tried without us contesting. that the point'
[Fri Apr 05 22:48:02 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that doesn't mean anything. in a multi-guild world a concession is merely punitive, it doesn't remedy the wrong'
[Fri Apr 05 22:48:32 2019] Baylan tells you, 'but w/e man, I don't know you. if you want to know who I am, ask monrezz, or any of the guys in dmx's channel, I have hung out there for a few months now, I'm a pretty reasonable dude that's on tilt tonight'
[Fri Apr 05 22:48:40 2019] You told Baylan, 'its all we got atm, weve tried to think of another way to handle it but there isnt one'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:16 2019] Baylan tells you, 'yeah, but this place is undeniably worse than it was a year ago'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:20 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that's our fault'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:46 2019] You told Baylan, 'dunno bout that, its getting there but its been nice for the past few months without GMs'
[Fri Apr 05 22:50:13 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that's your perception. I'd disagree'

Uh what? Dont put words in my mouth and have those words be complete lies.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Fri Apr 05 22:48:40 2019] You told Baylan, 'its all we got atm, weve tried to think of another way to handle it but there isnt one'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:16 2019] Baylan tells you, 'yeah, but this place is undeniably worse than it was a year ago'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:20 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that's our fault'
[Fri Apr 05 22:49:46 2019] You told Baylan, 'dunno bout that, its getting there but its been nice for the past few months without GMs'
[Fri Apr 05 22:50:13 2019] Baylan tells you, 'that's your perception. I'd disagree'

Uh what? Dont put words in my mouth and have those words be complete lies.
Sorry - mixed up the order of operations on two tells that were 36 seconds apart.
Last edited by Baylan295; 04-06-2019 at 08:50 PM..
Old 04-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Sorry to see you go Braknar and wish you the very best. Thoroughly enjoyed your Halloween event a few years back. Take care!