Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Worst Group (not raid) Classes?
Enchanter 2 1.92%
Magician 10 9.62%
Necromancer 8 7.69%
Wizard 62 59.62%
Cleric 1 0.96%
Druid 27 25.96%
Shaman 2 1.92%
Bard 3 2.88%
Monk 2 1.92%
Ranger 22 21.15%
Rogue 3 2.88%
Paladin 4 3.85%
Shadow Knight 5 4.81%
Warrior 14 13.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst classes:

Wizard, Ranger, Mage, Druid (niche animal charming spots aside)

Best all-around 6 man group:

Cleric, Enchanter, Shaman, Warrior, Monk, Rogue
mage? lol

great DPS in groups especially in the pre-Kunark era
Old 11-23-2021, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Grouping content only- and assuming we're not talking about twinked characters, poor first characters only.

wizard<ranger<warrior post classic (kunark and above)

Wizard<Warrior<Monk<Ranger< in classic

I almost put monk worst class. Monks in classic are pretty bad. Especially 1-30.

Ya'll picking druid are pretty crazy. Druid's damage shield alone probably outdps's every melee in classic from 1-40. Druids are also one of the most fun, if not THE most fun class to twink in velious. (My 58 druid has over 1k ac and like 3k hp) In fact in classic, i'm taking a druid in my group 1-30 probably before every other class other than pet classes.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping content only- and assuming we're not talking about twinked characters, poor first characters only.

wizard<ranger<warrior post classic (kunark and above)

Wizard<Warrior<Monk<Ranger< in classic

I almost put monk worst class. Monks in classic are pretty bad. Especially 1-30.

Ya'll picking druid are pretty crazy. Druid's damage shield alone probably outdps's every melee in classic from 1-40. Druids are also one of the most fun, if not THE most fun class to twink in velious. (My 58 druid has over 1k ac and like 3k hp) In fact in classic, i'm taking a druid in my group 1-30 probably before every other class other than pet classes.

ranger harmony pulling is insane in most zones. Most people sit on their ass for an hour trying to get into one of 4 MM spots when a ranger/dps/healer can split and take the yard with 3 people
Old 11-23-2021, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Classes are irrelevant if you group with talented players.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classes are irrelevant if you group with talented players.
lets not get ahead of ourselves
Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

I believe this poll is too generic to be useful. All classes can contribute to normal groups well enough, and any group combination is stronger than a solo player. This is not taking into consideration player skill, or improper use of a class (such as a Rogue Tank).

Wizards are usually cited as poor grouping classes only because white damage is more efficient. Not all groups require high efficiency, and Wizards do get invited to groups. Wizards also have travel/evac spells, which is something to consider if you do not have a druid grouping with you.

I think this poll would be better if the idea was more focused, such as "what class combinations are strongest in a group?". A level 60 Shaman, Enchanter, Monk, Cleric combination is very strong across most content, and is stronger than a lot of other combinations. But that does not mean you are required to build this group composition to be successful in a lot of scenarios.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:24 PM
Banned

If I play wiz again I'd invest in clicky nukes and multi the velious robe or w/e.

Wizard, wizard, wizard, shm or druid, or clr, ench, bard is a rly sick grp too. I had this grp in actual classic era CT was really funny to watch mobs just vanish.
Last edited by starkind; 11-23-2021 at 08:27 PM..
Old 11-23-2021, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Warriors are pretty terrible in groups, especially before they get decent dex and aggro weapons. Taunt is unreliable and only really works on blue cons. Paladins and SKs are group content kings for snap aggro/CC/pulling. I'd rather have a monk tank than a warrior, at least they can flop and mend and pull. Depending on the zone I'd even rather have a ranger or bard as a tank for their ability to snap aggro.

Granted, this is mostly from the perspective of an enchanter and a cleric. Warriors always break mez and it runs for the enchanter, whereas pallies/sks/rangers/bards can build up aggro first. Sometimes you get a good warrior and they'll taunt twice before breaking mez, but I'd rather just have a paladin flash of light and not worry.

Clerics have so much healing potential that it's only slightly more efficient to heal warrior tank than it is to heal pally/sk/ranger/bard/monk, and because of lack of snap aggro (and lack of ability to single pull), you usually waste a lot MORE mana healing the squishies/yourself.

tl;dr warriors suck until they get defensive, at which point they become game-breaking in the raid scene.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe this poll is too generic to be useful. All classes can contribute to normal groups well enough, and any group combination is stronger than a solo player. This is not taking into consideration player skill, or improper use of a class (such as a Rogue Tank).

Wizards are usually cited as poor grouping classes only because white damage is more efficient. Not all groups require high efficiency, and Wizards do get invited to groups. Wizards also have travel/evac spells, which is something to consider if you do not have a druid grouping with you.

I think this poll would be better if the idea was more focused, such as "what class combinations are strongest in a group?". A level 60 Shaman, Enchanter, Monk, Cleric combination is very strong across most content, and is stronger than a lot of other combinations. But that does not mean you are required to build this group composition to be successful in a lot of scenarios.
I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve needed to evac in a general group content setting (except maybe very close to max level type groups)
Old 11-24-2021, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

I chose wizard, but an active wizard can still fill some crucial gaps in utility. With stun, root, and snare they can do a lot of work. Not to mention being able to just delete a caster mob from time to time.
Closed Thread