Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh if you mean inferior velious gear then yeah, because there's luclin shit out. The bIs stuff still costs 200k+

So far TAKP is a pretty good server but stop pretending like it's a paradise. There's essentially no grouping or social content as 98% of players are boxing. It also sucks to find high end rare drops and spells because with only about 100 players the economy is like a trickle.
All of that cheap velious gear ends up being all you need to break into luclin content. Many things in luclin can't be done with a trio, so you pair with another trio or you invite people to your trio. Gearing up is easy AF on TAKP. P99 economy is total garbage. The bazaar prevents 1% of players from dominating the pricing market, in a bazaar setting you have to compete with the few other people trying to sell the same item.

you don't need BiS gear at all, in any content, in any xpac, min/maxing becomes less of an issue in every xpac.

Maybe TAKP isn't a paradise, but by comparison to anything that P99 can offer, it is.

I still play blue sometimes, because my toons have been well geared for years now. Its nice for when Im stoned out of my mind and just wanna screw around with 1 toon and only a few duties to cover.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You hoodlums will have to wait until it goes open source to make your single-boxing server, this is about preserving EQmac and its community
Touch/e!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly the playstyle of certain classes like mage is so simplistic that boxing can actually make the game more dynamic

2box’s are not bad or hard, especially when you do a good pairing like mage+something or cleric+something. Two classes that both require a lot of micromanagement would be a pain. But pick the right class combo and use the hell out of /autofollow and you get used to the constant alt-tabbing in combat

3box is whole different thing. Your third better be a bard auto-playing a song or you gonna be tabbing like a maniac. I can’t even imagine bigger groups than that without some sort of macro or outside-the-game UI assistance
I enjoyed 2 boxing my Shaman with my friend's Ranger during PoP era, was quite a bit of button pressing. More recently I did a Warrior and a Rogue on Vox in TBS (I'd move the rogue using auto follow on the warrior and have a merc or two out). These times were fun, but not as much fun as grouping with other people (which I somehow found I did less while boxing - despite my intentions).
Old 11-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Kobold

The only things keeping me from trying it again is the lack of mouse scroll, low server pop, and the group of friends I have on p99. I could probably convince my friends to play, but not until there's mouse scroll.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Play blue for mouse scroll
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-26-2021, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play blue for mouse scroll
It should tell you all you need to know about how poorly the box owners and gm's are running blue that so many people would be willing to jump ship for takp if they added in mouse scroll. This truly is the darkest timeline.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

There is no “so many people”

These servers have never been more perfectly like classic eq.

The only thing that’s messed up right now is that there isn’t a fresh red server or even a statement of intent on the existing red.

It’s not like TAKP is news. The grand creation, shards of Dalaya, and takp are awesome emu servers that all contribute to the emu community as a whole. That’s why I laugh when p99 people ask this project to go to luclin and beyond. Literally every other server does that. They’re great, go play them.

I do get tired of adjusting to UI changes after playing for over ten years on p99 and having something nerfed, and I personally hate how shit the game works with the new mandatory light FX to replicate human erudite barbarian night blindness, those really harm my experience because they’re fucked up not because they’re too classic for me.

But I’m here for the classic and the only thing that would make it better is a vanilla locked server with legacy items implemented in a custom way so there’s no rat race because I don’t count manastones as part of my IRL retirement plan and I don’t get hard thinking about having a manastone when no one else can.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no “so many people”
There are. There are dozens of us, possibly over 100, that would jump ship on p99 if takp were tweaked or there was a takp'like server with mouse scroll and no boxing.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:37 PM
Banned

Ya I hear on Blue and even green now there are indeed “too many people” but it’s because everyone is bunched up at the higher levels competing over dwindling numbers of targets
Old 11-27-2021, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it’s because the server at the meta is too crowded.

Red 2 will help a lot. Some people can try it and a lot of those people will find it a better way to EQ and the meta can be more interesting for longer.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya I hear on Blue and even green now there are indeed “too many people” but it’s because everyone is bunched up at the higher levels competing over dwindling numbers of targets
Grouping / levelling on both are pretty dead in my experience. Might just be I'm playing at suboptimal play times.

I think the 'over population' is just that there are 100 people that all want to do the top 5 camps in the game.

If you want a camp per person try an instanced server or red.
Closed Thread