Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-26-2021, 02:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default DB Error - Invalid Password (Linux Mint)

So for some reason my masochistic brain decided i needed to try and make this work on Linux because i hate Microsoft. So ive spent the better part of the day trying to get this to work.
Ive read several guides and watched a couple of videos and ive finally gotten to the point where the game will launch. Only problem is that now when i try to login i get DB Error - Invalid Password.
It just occurred to me that perhaps it takes a little while for the account to get created to be able to play, but outside of that im not entirely sure what else i can do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! The Enchanter is calling my name!
Old 12-02-2021, 07:42 PM
Large Rat

Ok i've noticed this error post a few times and everyone struggles to figure it out. Even I had issues and it frustrated the hell out of me. Until I went to link my p99 account with EQemulator website and it said "loginserver account doesn't exist".

When you first create an account on p99 it turns out you're creating a forum account. if you go to their main page, on the left hand side under "Account system" then under "Loginserver account" you'll need to click on "create account". That's what is needed to actually play the game and log into the game.

Very frustrating for people like me who don't read everything carefully lol.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

i actually figured that out shortly after i posted this and then forgot to come back and say "sorry i figured it out"