Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Banned

Default Consider Project 2002

It's pretty great. The client is older so it's actually era appropriate, and the people are exceedingly helpful and friendly. The pop is still kinda low, but it's on the rise.

Now, before you say "wahhh it allows boxing" there are some things you should know. The max number of toons boxed is 3, so theres no full party/raid being controlled by one neckbeard stealing up all the pixels, and automation isnt allowed. Ever seen a small herd of wizards all casting the same spell at the same time? that's automation. 1 key, 1 action, 1 toon. basically youre allowed to use a screen switcher, but nothing more intricate, so players (not software) are playing the other toons. And if you dont want to box, don't box. Only want to dual box? only dual box.

It's super easy to get set up, only took me about 5 minutes to get in-game once i had downloaded the client. no install needed, you just extract the zip to your C drive and run the game.

NOW HERE'S THE REAL GAME CHANGER
No handholding GMs giving out preferential treatment to their real life pals, no welfare pixels, and legit player controlled raiding. The GMs arent going to get involved, and based on the community, that responsibility being given to the players is very well deserved. Everyone I've encountered is mature and respectable, and probably has more going for them in life than VP gear.

Not only that, but you can look forward to actual progression on this server. Right now all the classic content is in-game (plus quests and such that came with luclin and PoP to classic zones/cities). Kunark will be dropping soon, and they actually mean soon. No waiting years after they say it's on the way like some other emu servers. PoK is up and running. Iksar and moon cats are playable and their starting areas are up, so if you want to be a reptile or a furry you can.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, shoot me a PM and i'll get you a link to the client download and help you get set up.
Last edited by DeathWalking; 05-26-2015 at 10:50 AM..
Old 05-26-2015, 10:49 AM
Banned

Actually, dont PM me because I probably wont see it. Got pixels to get on the other server.

P2002 forums: http://p2002.com/forums/

P2002 game account creation: http://p2002.com/#/ (once youre logged in with your forum acount)

PC/Mac client download links: http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...=1#post1017027
Old 06-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, dont PM me because I probably wont see it. Got pixels to get on the other server.

P2002 game account creation: http://p2002.com/#/ (once youre logged in with your forum acount)

PC/Mac client download links: http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...=1#post1017027
Got the PC client from rerolled, but try to open/extract and it says invalid/empty. Any advice?
Old 06-09-2015, 01:15 AM
Kobold

Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty great. The client is older so it's actually era appropriate, and the people are exceedingly helpful and friendly. The pop is still kinda low, but it's on the rise.

Now, before you say "wahhh it allows boxing" there are some things you should know. The max number of toons boxed is 3, so theres no full party/raid being controlled by one neckbeard stealing up all the pixels, and automation isnt allowed. Ever seen a small herd of wizards all casting the same spell at the same time? that's automation. 1 key, 1 action, 1 toon. basically youre allowed to use a screen switcher, but nothing more intricate, so players (not software) are playing the other toons. And if you dont want to box, don't box. Only want to dual box? only dual box.

It's super easy to get set up, only took me about 5 minutes to get in-game once i had downloaded the client. no install needed, you just extract the zip to your C drive and run the game.

NOW HERE'S THE REAL GAME CHANGER
No handholding GMs giving out preferential treatment to their real life pals, no welfare pixels, and legit player controlled raiding. The GMs arent going to get involved, and based on the community, that responsibility being given to the players is very well deserved. Everyone I've encountered is mature and respectable, and probably has more going for them in life than VP gear.

Not only that, but you can look forward to actual progression on this server. Right now all the classic content is in-game (plus quests and such that came with luclin and PoP to classic zones/cities). Kunark will be dropping soon, and they actually mean soon. No waiting years after they say it's on the way like some other emu servers. PoK is up and running. Iksar and moon cats are playable and their starting areas are up, so if you want to be a reptile or a furry you can.

If anyone is interested in trying it out, shoot me a PM and i'll get you a link to the client download and help you get set up.

Bam

Quote:

rip DeathWalking
Old 05-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Banned

Ignore the instructions on the forum where it says to install titanium, then move the resources folder from eqmac ect.

unzip that shit to your C drive and run eqw.exe. bam. youre in.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Ignore the instructions on the forum where it says to install titanium, then move the resources folder from eqmac ect.

Hi, can you give more blonde specific instructions please? When I double click eqw.exe it opens a folder that I dont know what to do with, and another little window that I dont know what to do with.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:33 PM
Large Bat

Quote:

Ok, I got it working. Thanks so much for giving us this option! Not all of us want to be EQ Amish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Fire Giant

Can this thread be moved to RNF? It seems like it really wants to be on RNF.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it doesnt have to do with p99, so it would be moved FROM RnF, not to.

If it seems like it should be there, its just because das how i tawk
Old 10-14-2015, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this project just D-list diarrhea?

Can anyone provide any insight?
Closed Thread