Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 04:14 PM
Aviak

Default The time I got GM gear

I played a halfling rogue on Rathe. I was known by half the server for being the biggest noob rogue. I played every day and spent the majority of my time lfg, no one wants to group with a rogue who doesn’t understand why it’s important to assist and not pull. Server Stack Dev plays on server and feels bad for me, asks me to join group and makes friends with me.

Teaches me everything, why “just kill everything, hit something: anything” isn’t a good strat and holds my hand through making all my macros like assist and evade and inc pull messages ect. months later out levels me and asks for my account info to hook me up with guide gear so I can solo to 60 and join his guild and he’ll teach me how to raid: at which point I have to delete the gear.

I fall in love with the gear, and with the empty velious zones like crystal caverns and tofs. Dev friend stops replying to my “sup player” messages when I log in so I stop messaging him.

I spend the next year at level 52(or is it 50, I can’t remember), sometimes I’d level up to 54 or 55 but I would sell to a necro back down to 52 a few days before the public vox and naggy raids. I get a half dozen Aa’s and the name baron, I never miss a public lvl 52 dragon raid.

Dev buddy sends me a message out of the blue “so when are you gonna hit 60 and delete that gear so I can teach you how to raid?” I tell him never, that I love being the only person in old dungeons and killing naggy/vox.

A month or so later I’m summoned from mistmoore castle to a doorless room in the Freeport aqueducts. I tell the gm everything but my friends name, so they ban me for sharing account info.

RIP Rynoman Shoemaker of Rathe
Old 04-22-2021, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

guide gear was statless, the weapons had shit ratios too. the only useful effects were the clickies.

a non-guide flagged PC equipping any guide gear would fall over dead immediately, and it would page a server GM to investigate

does your uncle work at nintendo?
Old 04-22-2021, 04:22 PM
Aviak

Are you calling me a liar, bud?
Old 04-22-2021, 04:30 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no regretz !
Old 04-22-2021, 04:33 PM
Banned

MY DAD WORKS AT ROGEAN
Old 04-22-2021, 04:56 PM
Aviak

You guys can be jealous that I had the most radical and unique eq classic experience, you can say you know how servers work and blah blah blah. No matter what you say, what happened actually happened. I had guide gear for around two years with a non guide flagged pc, I don’t know how I got away with it for so long nor do I understand any of the supposed server flagging. I’m telling you right now, I had a blast doing my own thing. I for sure forgot to take off the back piece a few times going to ec/baz and for sure got petitioned many times before I got banned. It’s all unreal to me as well, but I double dog scouts honor pinky swear.

I could bind myself and make a corpse and ch myself by gm Rez zing my corpse from two different pair of gloves: sometimes I used the chain ones other times I used the plate. I could single pull with mem blur. I had crazy regen from an earring that does have stats. I had a back slot that was 100 sv all. It was awesome and it’s not like I would farm expensive loot and sell it or be abusive with it like mem bluring other groups mobs or anything. I legitimately just experienced old barren content solo and it was amazing.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

was this on an emulator?
Old 04-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Banned

uh huh
Old 04-22-2021, 05:06 PM
Kobold

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0yTgza6T_EQ
Old 04-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

I think it would be cool if you died immediately when u lied. Not painful or anything and u know about it so it's a choice
Closed Thread