Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

This is why I'm waiting for red 2.0 in 2030 so I don't have to deal with nonsense like this.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Server rules should be if there's two people soloing who want a camp they have to join forces and share it equally thats how it was on live. (regardless of lvls)

They didn't have to physically grp, but the lvl 80 soloing a lvl 30 mob had to share every other spawn with the lvl 33 mage who wanted it also.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

i.e. no soloing allowed if grouping and round robin is preferential, the GMs would /random 1 100 to pick who went first.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

On green I would 100% agree to this. (Even though my highest green toon was level 10 and i deleted him because twochain will never be a disgusting human monk)

That camp on green i imagine is CONSTANTLY sought after. Having one of the ph's completely off the table really ruins the camp. As in, completely ruins it. Exp is already pretty bad at c/e compared to just about every other camp in seb. +1 to making it one camp, so that bergs can't ruin other peoples full group grinds.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:29 AM
Banned

i did the majority of 56-60 at CE years ago

never once had an issue with soloers taking a named spot

spergs gonna sperg these days
Old 12-31-2020, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

About time.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Wouldn't it technically be 5, since Emp would be considered his own camp?
Old 12-31-2020, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i did the majority of 56-60 at CE years ago

never once had an issue with soloers taking a named spot

spergs gonna sperg these days
Yeah, I gotta say this ruling has always bugged me. Like I completely understand the logic behind it; it basically amounts to "we want it to be easy for everyone to understand the rules, and that means keeping them simple/general, and not having tons of special exceptions for individual camps"... but it still feels wrong for this place.

Exhibit A): No one soloed Crypot mobs in classic, and this place is all about classic.

Exhibit B) The whole point of the rule is to promote sharing on our (shared) free server ... but this ruling discourages sharing.

I know weird exceptions all over the place isn't how the staff wants to run things, and I completely support that ... but I do wonder if not having an exception for CE does more harm than good.

P.S. Full disclosure: As a 60 Torpor Shaman I've actually soloed CE mobs myself before ... but I always did it late at night when no one else was doing the camp. If the rule was "when a group shows up you have to go", I would have absolutely felt that was ok.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exhibit A): No one soloed Crypot mobs in classic, and this place is all about classic.
You tend to always spew truth Loramin, but I'm not sure you can prove this statement.

It's absolutely the wrong decision to split CE in to four separate camps, we all know that. I think the problem is we can't play nice, and volunteer GMs don't got a ton of time. That said I think it's just as easy to rule CE is one camp.

Is it greedy to lock down CE as one camp? I'm just not so sure. Suddenly we get in to weird lawyer quest territory about any camp that has multiple item mobs in a very small area. I suppose the CE rule would be true anywhere.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You tend to always spew truth Loramin, but I'm not sure you can prove this statement.
I wasn't literally saying "never, in the entire period of time between 1999-2001, on any of the many different EQ servers, did any Torpor shaman ever solo a Crypt mob."

What I was saying was, it wasn't at all a regular occurrence on live; it's not the classic EQ we all remember. From what I remember on my server (Bristlebane) at least, AE groups were far more common in Seb than people soloing Crypt.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread