Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a pvp server there ?
Uhh, you are posting on p99 forums. They host a PVP and a PVE server, sometimes referred to red99 and blue99, respectively. It is now in velious, with no intentions of going to luclin or POP as far as I am aware.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Kobold

Oh I thought this thread was about some sort of p2002 server that was currently active, was wondering if they had a pvp server
Old 11-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Banned

oh eqmac-chan, you'll never not be hilarious
Old 11-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a pvp server there ?
For p2002 Currently no
Old 11-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Banned

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1216
Old 11-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

If this server had half the pop of p99, might be worthwhile. However, 50-100 at peak.. Eh you may as well play eqtitan. You're basically playing single player EQ at that point.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this server had half the pop of p99, might be worthwhile. However, 50-100 at peak.. Eh you may as well play eqtitan. You're basically playing single player EQ at that point.
High population is overrated.

It reads like you want to group. Grouping opportunities are available during prime time. Off peak it may be more difficult to find groupage at this time, but this server is in its infancy. It's not really a good reason to forgo getting a character started unless you absolutely can't enjoy the game without grouping.

The "no lines - no waiting" is amazing. A new player killed the So Ro AC .... WHILE PASSING THROUGH! This is how I remember it on live. So Ro AC was luck...not spawning. I killed a roaming Quillmane a couple weeks ago. The cloak didn't drop, but it was still exciting to find him alive, and roaming SK.

It is very likely your name choice is available! I named a character "Happy" just because I was so happy to be able to get my names on first try.

Small population allows us to know when new players join the server at which point we fawn over them offering our help, gear, and advice. We offer new players an invite to our newbie / leveling guild and voice communication if interested. We also respect those who want to get a feel for the server without interference.

There is a very active raid guild. While I don't participate, I know many of them through random alt grouping and their offer of assistance. Several offer "quests" to lower levels. Someone is offering a Lamentation for Celestial Essence. Another ran a lottery for a FBSS where you bought numbers with spider silk.

There are frequent planar pick up raids.

I learned something interesting last week. The original Sony Everquest Mac server had a population of 100 - 150 during prime time hours at its peak. I've determined when a server is small, the community is very tight.

I seriously am torn sharing my experiences. I joined the server wanting to escape the crowds. I don't want to fight for camps. I have plenty of players with which to group. My only reasons for attempting to promote the server are 1) because the project managers deserve recognition and I suspect they want a larger pop and 2) because I have an off-peak friend I would like to have group mates.

TLDR - There is a lot good about Project 2002 http://p2002.com/
Old 11-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Kobold

Smile

I'd come if there was a pvp server
Old 11-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear friends,

since I have no plans of coming back to that shit of a server, some of player/GMs are

Fermer/Darkonites
Wharhogg/Boragar
Tolixs/Taian

All of whom are in the 'raiding' guild. jesus why did i spend this time on this box,

GG

-Zeus
when you got the poster boy child for p2002 calling out the GMs man something smells fishy
Old 11-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Kobold

We all wish the pop was higher, but the server is less than a year old. At this point it is going as well or better than expected, and velious is around the corner. I foresee the pop getting to a point in velious where we are at least satisfied, and luclin/pop having fairly big jumps into being a well populated server. Only time will tell. Some of us enjoy going through each expansion without having to wait a long time, and look forward to a good POP locked server in the future before we die of old age.

I do see newer people soling sometimes, but I think most people just have toons at different levels to do stuff with whoever is on. There is open fear/hate raids every week, an active raiding guild, and there was just a halloween event. Doesn't feel desolate by any means.
Closed Thread