Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Aviak

Default Game I built Heavily Inspired by my EQ Days

Hi All,

Been on P99 for just a short time now and I've been working on my own game called "Raids of the Fallen" and it's a co-op dungeon raiding game. Just wanted to share it with the EQ community as it's heavily inspired by EQ. Basically, I had a 60 Wiz on Veeshan back in the day and I always wanted to incorporate FPS mechanics into the game. Would love your feedback.

Here's the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADa-V3rj8-4

Here's the website:
http://www.raidsofthefallen.com

Description: Very similar to a wave survival game, you and your friends will endure an onslaught of monsters with different styles and attacking ability. As you survive using clever tactics and powerful magic, you will progress through a vast dungeon unlocking new locations, discovering hidden areas, completing quests, finding treasure, obtaining new gear and killing bosses.

The coolest component of this whole thing is the vast abilities that having spells in an FPS gives us. No longer does the FPS have to simply be machine gun/grenade launcher/shotgun mechanics. We can REALLY build encounters/raids and AI to have some many more abilities and ways to take them down. It's going to be very neat and pretty hardcore.

Here's essentially the 4 classes you can play.

Healer - Obviously will have the best healing capabilities and resurrection benefits.
Mage - Will have special buffing capabilities for themselves and for others. Run faster, faster mana regen, shields, HP buffs, casting haste, etc.....
Wizard - Best Direct Damage. Have some instant death capabilities.
Enchanter - Basically a debuffer/crowd controller. Root, slows, stuns, etc....

Again, thanks for your comments/questions/feedback.

Josh

Edit: It's still in development
Last edited by FatBalloon; 03-05-2018 at 08:14 PM..
Old 03-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Link to the game?

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link to the game?
Still in development, sorry I should have mentioned that.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm. Reminds me of something. Oh yeah! Rise of the Fallen
Old 03-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm. Reminds me of something. Oh yeah! Rise of the Fallen
Can't wait for the newest MMO, Fallen fellows of Fallen Fiefdoms
Old 03-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Kobold

No fighters?
Old 03-06-2018, 09:14 AM
Kobold

kinda reminded me a little of spellbinder the nexus conflict. now that was a bad ass game for its time.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

I clacked the lank and liked what I saw.

Can you tell us more? What technologies are used? Unity? How is matchmaking done, if any? Guilds? Char persistence? What about PvP? What about items / inventory / loot ?

Spells? Buffs?

What mechanics did you port over from EQ?

I have been dreaming of an FPS Everquest for many years. Matter of fact, I spent a year and a half actively developing one (pure C / SDL), which is very playable now, with spells / inventory / bags / loot / npc's / quests / clickies / scrolls / groups ... everything EQ really. And FAST paced hardcore FPS action inherited directly from Quake3.

But then I got involved in crypto development and my daily spare time got reduced to exactly zero. I'll eventually resume the game development (at least a year of work left), but until then I would love to try your game out and maybe contribute in some way.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

I like what I had seen.

Feedback-- The creature animations look choppy. The.. I'm not sure what to call them.. "Butchers" that run after the player are a bit puppet-like. The dragon at the end of the trailer is also puppet-like. Possibly slow down their initial animations to create a more dramatic effect. It seems this aspect needs work in general.

I LOVE the dark atmosphere. It's so hot right now. Look at Dark Souls Remastered. Gamers like it.

The narrator in the trailer absolutely enthralled me. Keep him around.

I don't feel I can comment much about gameplay from a trailer, but I am intrigued. You can have puppet-like creature animations, but amazing gameplay.

The game looks pre-alpha. There is more work to be done. Thank you for sharing, and I am excited to see further development!
Last edited by Meiva; 03-06-2018 at 10:34 AM..
Old 03-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Looks like Sol A/B remastered! Very cool. Follow your dream!
Closed Thread