Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 01:52 PM
Large Rat

Default Kunark Launch was pretty telling.

To pre-face this mania, raiding isn't the reason I play everquest but I do enjoy it sometimes and for some it is their favorite part but I can say with a laugh that the everquest raiding experience on p99 is zero of the reason people play here. I already knew this and stopped raiding shortly after fear but having some recent play time leveling an alt, getting back into the swing of things I bit into the Kunark hype and cleared my weekend. While I was waiting in anticipation it really clicked just how petty of a culture that has developed and it was palpable and borderline humiliating (to be a player) that launch was.

Seriously, think about it. This is a compilation of their unrewarded labor that they wanted to give us simply because we have a mutual love for Everquest on a HUGE milestone of the project that has taken over a decade and countless man hours. Classic asf and a true testament to the work ethic and pride to create something truly well done.

"By the way in case you assholes haven't figured it out by now quest experience has been entirely removed because you are all exploitive petty assholes"

That was it.

The staff had fun creating the tension, probably rubbing their hands and adding up the math as we waited at the docks rationalizing that the joke was on us, the 3 hours he spent last week reading the 53 page dossier of that elf who was in an opposing camp picking up dispell sticks just to consume them and put them back on the ground empty. /scoff Here is your emotional damage restitution!

We only got Kunark because we aren't going to fuck up the integrity of their project but the staff had the same facial expression nuking quest xp as they did nuking raids for hundreds of people on blue.

It's early in greens life and with a little bit more variety in stuff to do it is a perfect time to restructure the end game to make it competitive (your little mini game of le magic race is not competition) and fun/challenging (you ever watch a year 2020 everquest raid? Half the server population is still at the starting line trickling out toward the already dead mob to collect their dkp.

"How do we do that? Don't even say rotations, that commie shit isn't competitive"
I spent the last 6 hours quadding and did outline a system that would completely remove poopsocking, include the entire community AND actually create the caste system that a civilization needs to keep from eating itself (like the p99 community is now).
Old 11-09-2020, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

So uhm. What's the question?
Old 11-09-2020, 01:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So uhm. What's the question?
No need for a question. It's an opening statement to a discussion.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 11-09-2020 at 01:12 AM..
Old 11-09-2020, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

I havent hit a raid target in over 2 years maybe, I would recommend.

I think damaging a raid target or being in a guild that damages a raid target should flag you for pvp. I think you guys would be having a lot more fun than staring at the wall.

If you want to do races, the annual cross country gnome races are excellent! (btw can we make this event annual?) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-09-2020 at 01:26 AM..
Old 11-09-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

OP said, "I spent the last 6 hours quadding and did outline a system that would completely remove poopsocking, include the entire community AND actually create the caste system that a civilization needs to keep from eating itself (like the p99 community is now)."

Then dropped the mic... wtf. spit it out.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-09-2020, 01:37 AM
Banned

Please finish school.

The perspective presented here is not worth any attention.

Shit disturbers gonna shit disturb.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:42 AM
Banned

Question

Who let the simpleton outta the asylum?
Old 11-09-2020, 03:32 AM
Sarnak

as someone who raids, but just follows and never leads.

On kunark launch I went for the Locket of Escape list. Once we got settled to see the petty nature of certain guild vs guild was absolutely terrible.

After such a great opening of new lands, all some people could think about was guild vs guild drama.

We had 3 GMs there trying to figure stuff out because 2 or 3 people were acting like complete children.

Is this how you want to act on such a fun time(the opening of Kunark).

I just didn't believe it
Old 11-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think damaging a raid target or being in a guild that damages a raid target should flag you for pvp. I think you guys would be having a lot more fun than staring at the wall
I'm aroused.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Gaming as a medium of storytelling and socialization is dying. It's now more about dopa-hit cycles. Less about exploring new worlds and finding other gamers.

We are dying as a species.
Closed Thread