Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No...

The richest one percent earn about 21 percent of the income and pay 24 percent of the taxes.

In fact the top four percent paid less taxes than the top 20%

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/arti...the-taxes.html

The Trump Tax cuts have and never will pay for themselves in economic gain and certainly not in extra Tax money since they cut taxes to corporate.

And we lost so much economic gain from Trump's mismanagement of Covid.

but republicans in general have come with a lot of recessions attached to their terms
In general it isn't good for the countries economics to have a republican president.

List of starting recessions:

February 2020 (Trump / R)
December 2007 (Bush 43 / R)
March 2001 (Bush 43 / R)
July 1990 (Bush 41 / R)
July 1981 (Reagan / R)
November 1973 (Nixon / R)
December 1969 (Nixon / R)
April 1960 (Eisenhower / R)
August 1957 (Eisenhower / R)
July 1953 (Eisenhower / R)
Naw man

Under Orange Man states made their own decisions on if they shut down or not. All the Bluebies suffered and are still suffering while states like Florida are doing great

Old Dude voters rely on links that tell them how to think too much
Old 10-04-2021, 04:07 PM
Banned

What is the magic tax rate where rich people will fix the world's ills via taxation? I mean, you must have some specific figure in mind?

Being envious of the rich is not the same thing as caring about the poor.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the magic tax rate where rich people will fix the world's ills via taxation? I mean, you must have some specific figure in mind?

idk but during the pandemic Zuck went from being a 23 billionare to a 187 billionare so you tell me?

it could be argued wealth gaps are what hurt the poor the most
Old 10-04-2021, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is true they would def not if trump was in charge (a real man, unlike horza)
From 2017 to end of Trumps presidency Taiwan spent $19,027,860,000 (little more than $ 19 Billion on weapons.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...0_-_2021-01-20)

The news comes as Taiwan’s government approved a $16.89 billion defense budget for the next fiscal year, which runs from Jan. 1 to December 31, 2022

https://www.defensenews.com/global/a...seahawk-helos/

I think it is safe to say that much more is going to be spent on Taiwan's military after 2022.

China military equipment still isn't on par with US military equipment that the Taiwanese still are buying.

Could China invade Taiwan sure is it getting harder and harder for with Taiwan's increased spending on military? Very much so.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk but during the pandemic Zuck went from being a 23 billionare to a 187 billionare so you tell me?

it could be argued wealth gaps are what hurt the poor the most
Not today he's not. Dude is getting hammered in the market right now
Old 10-04-2021, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol the title of your source article is, "No, the Richest One Percent Don’t Pay 40 Percent of the Taxes" and then like the second paragraph it says it is in fact actually true but proportionally they pay less.
did the portion escape you the richest one percent definitely aren't paying the most taxes and again the top 4% are paying less than the top 20%

I really don't see your angle.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not envious, I think most ppl just want them to pay taxes; in some cases they pay none.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The really really low IQ peeps rely on pictures to tell them how to think
Old 10-04-2021, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did the portion escape you the richest one percent definitely aren't paying the most taxes and again the top 4% are paying less than the top 20%

I really don't see your angle.
The angle of your article is the top 1% aren't paying taxes like fox news says they are, and then the next thing the article says is... well actually they are. And then there are like 8 more paragraphs that I didn't read that I assume are trying to justify the title of the article even though its true.

I mean the first chart in your article says the top 40% are paying like 85% of the country's taxes and the top 1% are paying 24% of the taxes.

So I don't really see your angle, seems like rich people are paying a lot of the country's taxes already.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The really really low IQ peeps rely on pictures to tell them how to think
So rely on word of mouth. What happened to the party that does their own research mentality of the GOP?
Closed Thread