Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default PvP Tips and Tricks!

Since I'm I'm never gonna find time to play again, I thought I would finally give something back for all the misery I have caused.

So here it is, a comprehensive list of the best PvP tips and tricks. Take MFing Notes!

Basic Items:

There are four items you need to PvP at higher lvls and don't be fucking scrub walking around without them!

1. Pumice Stones(You really wanna keep a backpack stocked with these)
2. A Crimson Potion(Another backpack to stock)
3. C.Disease Pots(They stack so a few will do)
4. C.Poison Pots(Same deal)

Lacking any one of these will get you a quick trip to your bindspot. For rich melees you can add a gate pot for those who don't have the cash you can farm a Leatherfoot Raiders Cap from Rivervale, gives one charge of G.Fay port you can use to get out of a bind. Since P99 doesn't allow vendor item recharge best to keep all the components for L.Raiders Cap on you so you're ready to turn in for another after you blow one, and stash some on other toons so you have a steady supply.

Casters and Hybrids:

Make hotkeys for your fucking spells! Most people who get blinded die because they panic and have no hotkey's setup. No reason to panic if your blind, just listen for the mez break and cast when your free. I've literally come out of a blind with a dead Macken at my feet because I didn't go sperglord when the screen went dark. If a shaman blinds you, GATE or shadowstep, they are much more dangerous than enchanters when your blind. Necro's and Shamans can also solo farm Nightmares for the Nightmare hide cloak that gives one cast of remove blindness, it's a life saver.

Necromancers:

There is a quest for a Book of Darkness in Temple of Sol.Ro. It gives an instant cast Allure of Darkness you can use from an inventory slot. This allows you to never have to buy Crimson Pots as well as giving you an extra dummy buff slot to avoid dispels. This also allows you to get some conversion going if you didn't slot a skelly form.

Poison Bolt, VoS, and E.bolt are you only spells with a knockback effect that gives a chance to interrupt, so timing them is pretty import, don't sleep on a lvl 4 poison bolt to stop someone from gating. Won't work every time but better then watching um gate with your finger up your ass.

And always drop your Disease or Poison Dot's before you drop an MR Dot so it lands behind their buffs.

Wizard

You nuke people, you yonder, you use shock of lightning to interrupt, if you can creep up on a group RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! It's not rocket science here.

Enchanter

You aren't gonna have enough mana to kill most melee's and your only hope vs healers is to drain their mana. If you run against a caster without a C.Pot take a hearty chuckle because they are fucked. Against a caster with a C.Pot try to run them oom and use Chaotic Feedback cycled with your biggest nuke to interrupt, it's also a great spell to use when you charm something into someone to stop them from dispelling. You always wanna try to open with dispels to lower that MR and strip a sow.

Keep an eye on your tash some crafty bastards will dispel it with cure poison. There are also items like the Nilipus Bracer that gives 5 charges of dispel poison, that someone might be carrying for Tash removes.

Mage

Bolts have a further range than DD's but they are line of sight so take notes of the terrain. You really need your epic to compete in endgame pvp and unlike every other you caster you have no escapes. HP Items really matter to a mage. You gotta really watch your pet and make sure it doesn't get feared, blinded, or mez'd. Shaman's and Necro's are your biggest bane because they can tie up your pet long enough to kill you.

Druid

Use your dogshit track, if someone sneaks up on you, that's your fault. Wolf form is faster than sow and you are gonna need it to pvp. Druids lack the power to go toe to toe with many classes so they have to play games kiting and running in and out of range. Once you master when to run and when to fight, the druid becomes one of the most powerful killers in the game.

Paladin

Why?

Shadowknight

Learn to joust, learn to shadowstep at high elevation points or you aren't going anywhere. Don't sleep on a bow of the underfoot, 99% of the time you won't need a bow but when you watch someone limp to a zoneline for a plug, you're gonna be cursing yourself for not having one.

Cleric

Stick with your a group, you're a fucking cleric.

Bard

Go back to blue until your testicles drop far enough for you to choose a PvP class, or just go play farmville since you're so scared of dying in a videogame you had to pick a class nobody could kill.

Warrior

I hope you're rich, because you aren't pvping until you can spend enough RL cash to be geared out as much as that fat fuck checkraise and I'm still sitting on a few 1v1 checkraise kills so all that didn't help him too much.

Monk

Fuck Monks.

Rogue

You're a master indoors and inside dungeons, but outside your chances of dying increase dramatically. So try to stay indoors at least until you have enough HP gear to shrug off some big blasts.

Shaman

Malo and Malosini stack! One of them also over rides Arcane shielding(can't remember which one) That is an insane drop in MR that will let you root and blind many targets. Don't sleep on your poison rain, if they take all three waves it's serious dmg.

The rest you should be able to figure out, happy slaying!

Compliments of the King~
Old 12-16-2021, 11:06 PM
Kobold

can anyone add to this by class specific matchups -- how does X class beat Y class?

X class
X class can beat Z by...

B class
B class can beat X by...
Old 12-16-2021, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can anyone add to this by class specific matchups -- how does X class beat Y class?

X class
X class can beat Z by...

B class
B class can beat X by...
The great thing about Everquest PvP is there aren't a ton of bad matchups, this isn't rock, paper, scissors, like WoW. Most classes have skills and tactics to deal with a majority of the other classes. When two players go at it, skill is usually the determining factor.

There are some generals like:

Melee's are at a disadvantage outdoors, while casters are at a disadvantage indoors.

Mages have a problem with Necro's and Shamans. While a good epic mage kiter is devastating to melee's outdoors, all he has to do is kite and the pet will do it's trick.

Wizards, Druids, and Enchanters usually don't have enough mana to kill an uber geared Warrior.

But it's more terrain and gear dependent than class vs class based, skill always being the trump card.
Last edited by New_Guy; 12-16-2021 at 11:46 PM..
Old 12-20-2021, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

Yikes this guide is actually pretty awful
Old 12-20-2021, 08:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes this guide is actually pretty awful
I feel such a deep hate within you, its intoxicating.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Bard bad in pvp...

kek
Old 12-20-2021, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard bad in pvp...

kek
I never said the Bard was bad in PvP, I just said only bad player's PvP on a bard.

If you want to PvP without the risk of death you can should go to blue.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Damn…I was actually interested in hearing your tips for a bard AND monk.. too bad
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-20-2021, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn…I was actually interested in hearing your tips for a bard AND monk.. too bad
It's called PvP tips and tricks, that means it's for PvPers.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Oh I didn’t realize being those classes were against the rules
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Closed Thread