Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have to put Deluxee in the number 1, followed closely by Salem.
Deluxee was definitely one of the best. Would he have beat Salem 1v1? Maybe. Hands down the nicest guy to ever play on the box though.

This whole conversation is kinda twisted though, as the change to the hitbox in 2014 made the melee game significantly harder for those with ping problems. Before, it was easier for west coast players to keep up. After it became virtually impossible.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 01-03-2022, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

deluxee only played on the classic/early-kunark fuckhuge hitbox with broken rogue poisons and non-working AC

would have to evaluate him on a box where melees aren't absurdly overpowered

he's solid, but definitely not the best
Old 01-03-2022, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deluxee was definitely one of the best. Would he have beat Salem 1v1? Maybe. Hands down the nicest guy to ever play on the box though.

This whole conversation is kinda twisted though, as the change to the hitbox in 2014 made the melee game significantly harder for those with ping problems. Before, it was easier for west coast players to keep up. After it became virtually impossible.
Deluxee was the nicest guy on earth, and yea they went way to extreme with the hit box change that fucked west coast players.

Salem vs Deluxee I would give it to Deluxee, Beastagor vs Deluxee IDK would have been an epic fight.

I've seen them both do boss shit, but Deluxee was ranked number 1 for awhile on leaderboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deluxee only played on the classic/early-kunark fuckhuge hitbox with broken rogue poisons and non-working AC

would have to evaluate him on a box where melees aren't absurdly overpowered

he's solid, but definitely not the best
Nah Deluxee did quit but not after hit box change he stuck around for awhile during Kunark and stayed in the top spot on leaderboards.

I would have to give the number two spot to you or Salem. I would clearly give the number 2 spot to you for winning BOTB when you were heavily outgeared but you didn't collect enough solo kills. You also beat Lite and say what you will about Lite but he was pretty fucking good on a melee.

I would honestly have handed you number 2 if not for that. But I don't think you honestly could have beat Deluxee, would have been a great fight tho.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:02 PM
Sarnak

I don't think you played when I ran around PvPing a lot

unfortunately, sirken deleted the dozens of killshot threads I made
Old 01-03-2022, 11:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwall 146.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you played when I ran around PvPing a lot

unfortunately, sirken deleted the dozens of killshot threads I made
I will give you that, I was only on red99 for a short span and it was at the end of classic through Kunark to the beginning of velious. I know you were PKing during your Dentist days.

You prolly could have beat Salem in a duel, you were a hellva jouster, but Deluxee IDK. That's a tough one.
Last edited by New_Guy; 01-03-2022 at 11:19 PM..
Old 01-03-2022, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

I beat salem a few times, but monk vs shadowknight wasn't a very fair duel

I'm pretty sure I also jousted and beat deluxee a few times, but again, monk vs rogue isn't very fair

there isn't really any melee class that could beat a good monk other than a very lucky warrior on red99

the best eqemu melees I can think of off the top of my head:
xantille
gongshow
tarwine
chuck(fiegi, not false chuck)
snufz
Old 01-03-2022, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I beat salem a few times, but monk vs shadowknight wasn't a very fair duel

I'm pretty sure I also jousted and beat deluxee a few times, but again, monk vs rogue isn't very fair

there isn't really any melee class that could beat a good monk other than a very lucky warrior on red99

the best eqemu melees I can think of off the top of my head:
xantille
gongshow
tarwine
chuck(fiegi, not false chuck)
snufz
Yea but you also outgeared the fuck out of Salem then. I'm talking about pure skill if we were going on class then nobody would have beat Checkraise he had so many HP's and he always had a reaper of the dead on hand, and we both know he was garbage.

Of course Gongshow was a beast, but I can't put him in the top 3 due to lack of solo kills. Maybe top 5. Xantille, Fiegi and Tarwine were good, Snufz I have no memory of must have been before my time.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

SKs were just terrible on red99, while monks were crazy good

hybrid hit rate was pathetic and average hit was also pathetic

I remember when we got Weta a palladius axe of slaughter, and he walked up and hit me for 18 damage with it
Old 01-03-2022, 11:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
SKs were just terrible on red99, while monks were crazy good

hybrid hit rate was pathetic and average hit was also pathetic

I remember when we got Weta a palladius axe of slaughter, and he walked up and hit me for 18 damage with it
Exactly why I never played a melee here, hit box was all over the place, and hit rates were nothing like live. Plus I think they fucked up the code on ilksar abit and gave them too much bonus AC that registered as a higher miss rate/absorb.

But some people just sucked on a monk, like Aviato and Waspnado, they had great gear, T-staff the whole nine, but I would have chased them into a narrow corridor without any hesitation. Meanwhile I was careful not to chase a good rogue, monk, or sk into tight spaces where I know hit box didn't matter.
Closed Thread