Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 11:01 AM
Banned

The longer it takes your example pixel addict to gain his pixels--while under a system that guarantees him those pixels eventually--the better the chances that he'll donate.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Im only here to poopsock /lists. Its really honestly part of the appeal, and I just don't think its going to matter too much if I have some competition. I do feel I will eventually get a manastone, cause I can really no life it.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

People are too obsessed with legacy items. Is a manastone useful? Sure. Is a guise on certain classes cool? Hell yea. But once green launches they will no longer hold the same prestige that they have in the past as rare unobtainable artifacts, half the server or more will have them.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Banned

ITT: people who have massive hoards of pixels cry about new people getting pixels

if you make green manastones lore / no drop then make them like that on blue as well or else it's just obvious catering
Old 10-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure if it really solves anything. When Blue first launched, the manastone was the common drop. There were still lines, and Penoy farmed like 40 of the things.

I don't like /list but I'd prefer the drop rate to be as close to classic as possible.

Quote:
But once green launches they will no longer hold the same prestige that they have in the past as rare unobtainable artifacts, half the server or more will have them.
Yeah sure, these items had no prestige on Blue either. I sold a manastone for next to nothing, and my DE had a Guise (although it turned out that was useful because the illusion buff would still boost faction for some reason).

Time does crazy things. I couldn't believe how much manastones were going for a year or two later after I sold mine. Admittedly, Blue received a surge of players who never had a chance to obtain those items once the server gained some popularity and word of mouth started to spread.

Green's not going to have this huge influx of players come into the game after the legacy items are removed, so it'll be interesting to see how things play out compare to Blue. Of course there will be people who start on Green late, but for the most part people who care about this stuff are going to know about the launch of Green and they'll be able to obtain these items themselves.
Last edited by Byrjun; 10-22-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sloths rule, Hail Satan, Hail Santa, Hail Bristlebane.
I read the whole thing and this is the most important part.

I agree with the rest too, I do think the rarity of manastones is going to cause more unhappiness despite the /list system subduing the worst of player behavior around the camp. But not only do I not expect staff to reconsider this so close to Green release (although increasing drop rate doesn't seem like it would take a particularly long time?), I think a huge component of the draw for people is not only that they can have the item they so badly wanted all this time, but that many others WON'T have that item. If they're less rare, they're less special in the eyes of those players.

Personally I don't think it's healthy to cater to that mindset, but being one of the Haves and reveling in the jealousy of the Have Nots is hardly rare in real life or in elf games, so its no surprise that its a common desire for p99 Green.

Hence I only quoted the bottom of the post, because it needs to be emphasized and re-emphasized.
Sloths rule.
Hail Satan.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:05 PM
Orc

Remove Lists and make every Legacy item camp an Arena, Allow ninja looting of Legacy Items, and corpse loot of Legacy items from bodies you slay in the arena.

Play Red servers.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Banned

if you think about it this is also a good anti-RMT measure, which was historically a large motivation for assholes to sit on a camp for weeks at a time
Old 10-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Orc

Hmmm...

I never had a Manastone, have no idea what it does, am not interested.
Don't know what a Guise is either.

Not particularly interested in any specific legacy item.
That's not what makes EQ for me.

YMMV.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove Lists and make every Legacy item camp an Arena, Allow ninja looting of Legacy Items, and corpse loot of Legacy items from bodies you slay in the arena.

Play Red servers.
Pretty good idea. Would play. Solves all problems.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread