Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 10:36 PM
Kobold

as i said previously
so sad to see one so misinformed

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Much of the community is dogshit right now. Between greed, competition over camps and spawns, and level/achievement racing, everything good about old EQ communities has been thrown out the window and the bad stuff has been amplified tenfold. Everyone's just trolling and memeing in the thread, but if OP's point continues to hold true you'll start to hear about it more and more.

All the forum troll brigade is painting blue as the toxic place, but it used to be any new player posting here or on reddit would rave about how great the community on blue was to them. I realize the raid scene was pretty diseased in a lot of ways, and there was a lot of exploiting and cheating in blue's past...but the state the server had settled into felt far more like an old school EQ server during Velious than whatever's going on with green right now resembles a classic server dynamic. The dude comparing it to live Velious in some thread today was dead on, I played then too. Yes blue's had far higher levels of twinking and alts and raid bot toons, but the feel of the server's pulse was still quite accurate.

This feels like the beautiful thing that was P99 has been turned into just another progression server. Maybe as some player attrition happens this could turn around, but I'd expect that to be three months at least or as much as the seven when the legacy items are gone. I guess things also might get sorted more once the playerbase settles into a farm routine in the 40+ scene and staff starts to ban people for boxing, training, ks'ing etc. Right now though there probably isn't enough coverage to push out the negative elements through bannings and discipline.
Last edited by Fammaden; 10-30-2019 at 11:00 PM..
Old 10-30-2019, 10:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This community has always been a minefield of psychological disorders. The prospect of a fresh server that can be "won" is just amplifying the unhinged nature of the playerbase more than usual.
Most of us were quarantined on Red for a while. Then one extra chromosome loon makes an anti semitic remark. The top guild is flipped upside down and shook. Then the mass exodus that felt as though we went from 500 to 20 players over night. Red never recovered.

I've never preached for a fresh pvp server, but it makes more sense now than ever. It may relieve Green of a few hundred ultra nerds that can't afford our medication.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never preached for a fresh pvp server, but it makes more sense now than ever. It may relieve Green of a few hundred ultra nerds that can't afford our medication.
This too. There are so many red refugees on green, not that I've had a specific problem with them. As much as I'm sick of the red people's posts begging for a new server, if they merged red to blue right now and just reset red as a classic era green-timeline teams PVP server (or whatever ruleset) that would go a LONG way to easing green's sheer numbers at least.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, boxing on this server is huge right now. Turn on OBS, take down names, dates, locations, and report them. TONS of boxers are on this server right now. Its really sick.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 10-31-2019, 12:14 AM
Large Rat

This server is very toxic. I sat at a camp for two hours waiting on "list" even dropping heals sometimes just to have two of the parties friends jump in ahead of me.

And yes I know they jumped line because the guy with the list told me the 4 names ahead of me, none of which are the two that joined.

I would just like to add, since the only way to fix the community is to name and shame. The issue was with Trogdar <Auld Lang Syne> as he was the one to /t me when I asked to join list and he said sure I would be 5th after 4 others. Once they added the first not on the list I was given I asked "Guys not doing list then?" which he said it was someone else who said that person was replacing them, he then added another member from his guild to group.
Last edited by Wilbus; 10-31-2019 at 12:18 AM..
Old 10-31-2019, 12:18 AM
Fire Giant

No one is obligated to group with rando's over their friends sorry pal
Old 10-31-2019, 12:37 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is obligated to group with rando's over their friends sorry pal
You are right they are not but your statement is part of the reason this server is toxic. If you want to add friends to a group don't start a list publicly and let people waste their time thinking they will get a group.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as i said previously
so sad to see one so misinformed
This could be very accurate considering I've only learned of this potential atrocity via the forums and a single image.

I would honestly appreciate you informing me of what's what and curing my likely ignorance. You may continue with said knowledge!
Old 10-31-2019, 01:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This could be very accurate considering I've only learned of this potential atrocity via the forums and a single image.

I would honestly appreciate you informing me of what's what and curing my likely ignorance. You may continue with said knowledge!
it looks like daniel

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Closed Thread