Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do all of the same patch release and expansion dates stand, or is the green server's timeline restarting on day 1 of Teal so that they both follow the same schedule?
It reads as if this will be a clone of current green, linked hand in hand, and rejoined just prior to Kunark.

If I had to guess.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a bad idea, in my opinion. Why? Because Green server is capping out around ~2000 to 2500 players. It's not going higher, we've achieved a player count that will never get higher than what it is now and people are spreading out over the world. The population will only decline. And players will continue to spread out and/or fall off as new content is released.

Dear Devs: EverQuest is a *LIMITED* world. It's what makes EverQuest so unique. You cannot appease every... single... player.. People are ALWAYS going to bitch, because its E V E R Q U E S T.

Why toy with the server population/community one week into Green launch? You guys have worked 10 years for this.

My prediction with Teal server launch: We will see population decrease across all servers. Thats my 2 cents. Happy Hunting out there.
This poster is correct.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:24 PM
Large Rat

They said that merging back of the servers could be as soon as 2 weeks, longer such as a year, or never, depending on populations. Think of it like zone instances, except it's the whole server that is "instanced" but will move back to a single one when the time makes sense.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:25 PM
Server GM

Quote:
The fact is, even at concurrent numbers of 1500 to 2000, it is simply too many players for pre-Kunark. Considering all of this, it has become clear that us that a second server has become necessary.

Therefor, we are happy to announce that we will be opening Project 1999: Teal within the next 24 hours. The goal is to keep both servers at a healthy population for the amount of content available. We will be keeping an eye on player numbers and merge Teal back into Green as soon as the combined population is appropriate for the current content, whether that be in weeks, months, or years.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Large Rat

Thank you!
Sarnak

What about the issue of doubling up the items on the server if the merge happens far down the road?

Having decked out characters everywhere you turn really lessens the classic aspect.
Planar Protector

I, for one, welcome our new teal overlords.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

It seems reading is becoming a lost art. Sad
Old 11-01-2019, 11:29 PM
Aviak

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2019, 11:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about the issue of doubling up the items on the server if the merge happens far down the road?

Having decked out characters everywhere you turn really lessens the classic aspect.
The game came out 20 years ago. maybe let us have a chance at items?

Also, have you seen the blue server? You call all those twinks running around classic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would have liked to see the faster spawn rate applied to more zones. We can spread out more if we have more viable places to xp. On release day, I was making 6 person groups for freeport trash work thanks to the increased spawn rate. It was fun.
Closed Thread