Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
split community and no pvp server, cmon dawg
Old 11-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Outrageous color choice
Old 11-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the Devs are calculating all of the raid petitioning they are going to have to deal with if they don't do something now. I would even be in favor of trashing Red and creating a third Classic Box. Red is a total waste of precious resources right now that could be used to spread out the population even more. Ideally 600-700 per server would be optimal.
Wipe the damn box (or merge the toons into blue) and start it over as a classic/green timeline PvP server. Whatever ruleset they are concocting can't come soon enough. Just opening the new PvP99 would go a long way to help green, there's a TON of red-fugees on there...send them back to their psych ward.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

can u play on green and teal at the same time?
Old 11-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Being an Eve player for over a decade, an old player from that gaming universe coined a phrase that described the various changes that were being brought forth towards new players but alas became a "law" throughout various gaming world -

Malcanis Law: "Whenever a mechanics change is proposed on behalf of 'new players', that change is always to the overwhelming advantage of richer, older players."

In many ways, I can see how the casual split onto a new server should help newer players, but in the end, those older hard core types will have the overall advantages, especially if the second server lasts for a while. As I write this post, there was already a cleric that made level 30 to level 40 within three days while gaining firsts for many of the "rare" items. Nothing against this player (or players), but do people think a second server will allow another the same benefits? Or will a second server just drive those with a purpose to gain twice as much in the same amount of time?

Just my thoughts from a Blue "toxic" player.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If red was ever to be wiped, I would vote for it to be redone as a classic server, maybe RP or with different rule set like FV.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm glad this will take some pressure off of green but I think might stay on green. Main concern I have is if I move to Teal I'm afraid there wont be enough people to sell newbie items(like Bone Chips) to. I can't even afford one of my starting Druid spells now, I need all the help I can get.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In many ways, I can see how the casual split onto a new server should help newer players, but in the end, those older hard core types will have the overall advantages, especially if the second server lasts for a while. As I write this post, there was already a cleric that made level 30 to level 40 within three days while gaining firsts for many of the "rare" items. Nothing against this player (or players), but do people think a second server will allow another the same benefits? Or will a second server just drive those with a purpose to gain twice as much in the same amount of time?
That's always going to be the case because the most valuable resource in everquest is now and has always been time. Those players put in more so they are going to get more, sooner.

The stated goals of the split have nothing to do with evening the playing field in terms of camps or drops or mobs anyway. Its just the first point of reference most players consider when they hear about it.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ Raiding at it's core has always been flawed. The only somewhat workable solution is to turn on PVP.
There, fixed it for you.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There, fixed it for you.
Red is Dead
Closed Thread