Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Did someone say get a manastone in 10 hours?

Where do I sign up? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude...why? You're sacrificing your real life physical health for something so pointless. Especially considering the item doesn't work in Kunark or Velious; so unless you're a Cleric, or a Druid/Wizard who can port to old world then gate back to wherever you were in Kunark or Velious thereby reducing downtime, there's no really a significant use for the item. Adding onto that the fact that this is an emulated server of a 20 year old game, there's really no reason to be sacrificing physical health for anything in this game.
Leveling to 60 is a significant use, and classic easily supports multiple groups leveling to 55 on guards and then to 60 (slowly) on various single spawns around the world. Also, I do believe it is usable in the Hole, which has loot that is still relevant in Kunark in addition to some sweet ass exp.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Aviak

So if it's 10 hours per manastone, we can assume 2 per day.

6 months x 30 days x 2 per day x 2 servers = 720. Just say 700 to account for the week and a half it took to get to farm status.

700 manastones with a peak population of 2300... It shouldn't really be that rare an item and it's really only useful in a few niche cases. Do we expect the insanity with the /list system to continue til Kunark? Or will the most hardcore people continue to wait in line for manastones after manastone?

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 11-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

I wouldnt be supriced if some poopsocker would farm a 2nd and 3rd one for their twinks hehe
Old 11-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

6 months x 30 days x 2 per day x 2 servers = 720. Just say 700 to account for the week and a half it took to get to farm status.

700 manastones with a peak population of 2300... It shouldn't really be that rare an item and it's really only useful in a few niche cases. Do we expect the insanity with the /list system to continue til Kunark? Or will the most hardcore people continue to wait in line for manastones after manastone?
Guise/manastone stops dropping in like 6 months
Old 11-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been at the manastone camp for 29 hours currently, and have been awake for a total of 37 or so hours.

I am #2 on the list which means ostensibly I need to continue clicking this check box every 5 to 15 mins for the next 10 to 20 hours straight.

This is beyond unhealthy but it is the only way to get one when the other guys just run a roster and sit in camp doing shifts. Its so blatantly obvious watching a toon LD, come back and cast entirely different spells and sit somewhere else for 6 hours+, then the original comes back etc.

I'm a bit afraid for my health but short of sharing accounts there's nothing that can be done except be at this camp for a minimum of 40 hours (MINIMUM) as the drop rate is so unclassic. Pretty soul destroying I gotta say.

Edit: Not knowing how the afk checks work is kinda shit too, the limits are not clearly defined. Running off for a shit, shower, prepare some fucking dogshit unhealthy meal praying this AFK check doesnt boot me from list is mega aids. Craving for the ability to just switch off for 30mins and enjoy a steak haha.
As someone who camped the EE on the list this post appears to be trying to create false hysteria. The afk checks don't come at 5min or even 10. You get a check every 15min and you have to respond to a check before the next check. That means you have nearly 30 min before you get removed from the list.

There is like 6 months of it still being in the game and this is very similar to the long lists for jboots in OOT. Not everyone in game is going to have jboots, manna robe, manastone, fungi tunic, full set of rubicite, etc, etc. It's intended and ok. Let's not get swept up in modern MMOs where everything is handed to everyone because logging in means you deserve it.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Banned

its obvious that this incentives like 3 friends sharing account info and taking turns on each others accounts to beef up lines singular people could not possibly wait through

i feel kinda stupid that i didnt realize this is what would happen fairly quickly
Old 11-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My experience with camping the EE and talking to all of the other people camping is once they got the manastone they went to continue playing the game. Too much goodness and adventure out there to stick with one camp.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

they're not every 15, I just got one after 6mins.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Don't quote me too hard on the 10hr math, was a random figure for ease of math. Seems to be a 1 in 15 drop so far, on a 28min repop and maybe 50 or 60% spawn rate. Work it out.
Closed Thread