Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was no such thing as an ultra rare drop in classic AFAIK. Can you think of any that weren't common/rare at about the same ratio people commonly give 80/20 or 75/25?

I'm pretty sure the concept of ultra rare drops came in during kunark when they started having 3 loot table mobs: common/rare/ultra rare.

Spawn time no idea though.
What I’m saying is I’d be interested to see the sources for this rather than just anecdotal claims since I think it would be interesting to see what people thought of it back then
Old 11-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think anyone was camping this shit 24/7 and logging stats on pop rates and drop rates during the first seven months. We are less than a month in and this thing is already on farm status. Was anyone even 50 or doing Lguk at all by now in April 99?
Old 11-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8-hour time limit?

Do you mean 8 hours at the #1 spot, or 8 hours on the list, period.

If 8 hours total on list at any slot, then you effectively remove the /list function for manastone. #2 will most likely wait 8 hours or more for #1 to get their stone.

Think through it. You'll see it's not feasible. If people can be kicked off, then you have people just randomly jumping on list hoping other people in front of them get the kick and stones start dropping fast.

May as well have a /random 10000 happen every 24 hours at the spot and top 2 people get a stone.

Randomly kicking people is BS.
--------------------

8 hours camping the item and then player is done. Next in line gets a shot. 8 hours is a long camp. If the player doesn't get the item, too bad try again in a week. That's more than fair.
Closed Thread