Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

To get the thread back on track - I'm sorry. #classic

-Mcoy
Old 10-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

as much as I think combat bind wound is awesome..
If its not classic,. it doesn't belong... on green.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely not classic. Someone showed that to me once, and, like a good citizen, I called him a fucking hacker and only used the trick if I really needed to. It was too many buttons while I was busy solo backstabbing with my rogue.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely not classic. Someone showed that to me once, and, like a good citizen, I called him a fucking hacker and only used the trick if I really needed to. It was too many buttons while I was busy solo backstabbing with my rogue.
Solo backstabbing? So you're a fucking hacker? ROGEAN!!!
Old 10-05-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

It's a legitimate technique we've had for a decade!
Old 10-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I just don't think it would ruin things if a Warrior could solo poorly, which is all combat bind wounds offered.
I think that's a bit of an argument in favor of Knights. They indeed CAN solo and, if still quite poorly, it's far more efficient than a Warrior or Rogue. SK can fear kite and Pally can flatout heal himself.

Knights also happen to carry a massive experience penalty. Allowing Warriors/Rogues to approach even that meager level of "very poor soloability" as opposed to the "non-viable soloability" of the pure-melees would be a bit ridiculous (even in terms of EQ's already-ridiculous balance)
Old 10-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you see they broke the "crash dagger" too?! My greatest powerrrr, goneee.
Old 10-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that's a bit of an argument in favor of Knights. They indeed CAN solo and, if still quite poorly, it's far more efficient than a Warrior or Rogue. SK can fear kite and Pally can flatout heal himself.

Knights also happen to carry a massive experience penalty. Allowing Warriors/Rogues to approach even that meager level of "very poor soloability" as opposed to the "non-viable soloability" of the pure-melees would be a bit ridiculous (even in terms of EQ's already-ridiculous balance)
Totally, and even in a "classic+" environment I think it should stay that way (hybrids should solo better than straight melee). But the great thing about combat bind wounds (mechanically) was that both could benefit from it, right? Maybe Paladins a bit less, but even they could use it.

I think any sort of "class+ melee solo enhancement" would need to "lift all (melee) boats", making it easier (but still not easy) for both straight melee and hybrids to solo, while still keeping hybrids better at it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's a legitimate technique we've had for a decade!
"Its been in too long to remove"

Do you use the sideways slide or double flip?
Old 10-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Its been in too long to remove"
The battlecry of the Blue99 raider.
Closed Thread