Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 06:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I plan to farm as much of it as I can. Probably going to start doing Kael arena at 49 or so.
chain is rare enough there that you should consider farming plat and buy an MQ instead of going directly to arena.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Thurg chain for ranger is pretty shit tbh.

But its better than nothing.

The tunic seems like the only decent piece in my eyes. But its all relative. Ive put some skyshrine armor on a lvl 6 ranger a while back..

lvl 46 is big for rangers, Epics, Sky gear, and helm of the tracker all equipable.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thurg chain for ranger is pretty shit tbh.

But its better than nothing.

The tunic seems like the only decent piece in my eyes. But its all relative. Ive put some skyshrine armor on a lvl 6 ranger a while back..

lvl 46 is big for rangers, Epics, Sky gear, and helm of the tracker all equipable.
Whether or not I get my epic depends on how much the MQ costs and/or how often the key mobs are camped. Venril Sathir is one mob I need IIRC.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:39 PM
Aviak

20k for the MQ, 5k for the jade reaver, the rest is a lot of running around and patience.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm_Chair_Hero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20k for the MQ, 5k for the jade reaver, the rest is a lot of running around and patience.
25k? That's it? That's not too bad. Must not be a lot of Rangers on the server.

I wonder what the ratio of classes is on P99, actually.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

VS fight is pretty easy and always drops 2 stones. I'd offer to find VSR up for a guild. In exchange for your service they provide a kill force and get to keep one of the stones.

Contact guilds and see if anyone is interested in cutting such a deal. It might be less work than farming 20k.

Edit: he isn't particularly hard to find up either.

If you're dead set on Thurg and have the faction I can probably MQ you some pro bono.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VS fight is pretty easy and always drops 2 stones. I'd offer to find VSR up for a guild. In exchange for your service they provide a kill force and get to keep one of the stones.

Contact guilds and see if anyone is interested in cutting such a deal. It might be less work than farming 20k.

Edit: he isn't particularly hard to find up either.

If you're dead set on Thurg and have the faction I can probably MQ you some pro bono.
I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to worry about the Epic until I'm strong enough to solo at least the Teir-Dal Reavers that spawn with Dark Elf Corrupter. That's probably 60, which I'm fine with doing. Save up my money grinding towards 60, farm as much of the mats as I can for Thurg armor, then work on the Epic.

I'm still a bit away from doing Thurg Mq, Level 36 and still in High Keep, but I'm heading for Great Divide at 39 and binding at Thurg, so by then I'll be able to start working on faction.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

If you can get a 60 Druid to port you to East Karana they will probably help you with the fight. Chances are they've done the fight before as the Druid and ranger epic quests share a lot of overlap.

I'd suggest joining a guild ad 46 for a ranger; getting swiftwind within a week is a realistic expectation.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can get a 60 Druid to port you to East Karana they will probably help you with the fight. Chances are they've done the fight before as the Druid and ranger epic quests share a lot of overlap.

I'd suggest joining a guild ad 46 for a ranger; getting swiftwind within a week is a realistic expectation.
I'm in a guild right now, Castle.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Fair enough. Send me a message if you need chain hands or wrists … I won't provide the gems for wrists, but I can probably supply for hands. … I'd recommend not using melee wrist gems on thurg gear though. They are kinda pricey.
Closed Thread