Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How tough is it to get Ranger epic on this server? That's my eventual goal.
It's on the easy side, but slightly harder than the druid epic
Old 06-06-2019, 05:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm only asking, are the stats really that irrelevent? Is a 9/18 with no stats really better than a 9/19 with 6/6/20 Str/Sta/HP?
Yes
Old 06-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Orc

Quote:

I take it I should train Fletching as a Ranger too, make my own ammo? Or is the Bracer that creates ammo sufficient?
If you enjoy tradeskilling then do some fletching. Bracer is not clickable till 45

Another item that's great at 45 is a Lupine Dagger, being able to proc greater wolf form 11 lvls before you can cast it is pretty cool
Last edited by Quextal; 06-06-2019 at 05:38 PM..
Old 06-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quextal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes
Jeez. Strength and Stamina must do almost nothing then if they're that irrelevent.

Still keeping my Lammy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

From 1-10 get a low delay like a Lammy sure.. due to dmg cap..

10-17 get urself a silver swiftblade. Without DW and the first dmg cap lifted, it will perform better than most.

from 10-2? keep the silver swiftblade, but also switch to Duel Wielding with a decent ratio offhand with your lammy. A very decent but mid-level expensive combo is Crafted velium warsword / exq velium warsword. Probably the best combo till you start getting into the more expensive weapons. Either way, at some point your DW skill is going be high enough that certain DW combinations will out perform silver swiftblade, probably in mid to late twenties.

30+ Early / mid 30's Woodsman staff and exq velium 2handers can outperform most DW combo's thanks to DMG cap fully lifted. Unless your sporting some outrageous weapons like HoH and BoC together or something. Switch between Woodsman's and DW to just keep raising DW. More often than not if your budget is small, a woodsman's will out perform till the high 30s or low 40's.

46: Swiftwind is prioritai! Save up some cash to spend on the MQ. 20k maybe? Its not that tough, you could even do peggy cloak runs. OR tunnel quest for all i care. With a low delay primary and swiftwind in offhand, you can forget using the woodsman's as much. Itd be ideal to get both epics (primary and offhand), but getting that shattered emerald of corruption is still on the list of many high level rangers.

50+ see if you can scrounge up the cash for a swiftblade of zek with your swiftwind. youll be unstoppable. Theres so much plat on this server that making it isn't too difficult.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Now I see why everyone recommended I not get a Lammy...because nobody is selling any! Spent all morning trying to buy one in EC, no luck. I'm one level away from Dual Wield so I've got to snag it soon.

Ranger has been a lot of fun to play so far though. If only I didn't die to a f-ing Brownie yesterday.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Hey guys, what's a good level for a Ranger to start soloing Guards in High Keep? Not gonna be happening for a little while, but I'm Level 24 at the moment, one level away from starting Goblin and I'm wondering how long I should spend there before I'm reasonably able to take on HHK Guards without tons of downtime.

Was thinking maybe 35 so I'd have Disarm and Riposte?
Old 06-10-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Untwinked probably 30. I'd try Chopin on floor 2 (6 min repop). If you can't do him just run to zone. He's great xp until low 30's. Then you can roam 2nd and 3rd. 4th like 35+ depending on who you are attacking and what gear you have.

In theory some guards are lower like Blayle near the lowbie bard in the court yard. Just a horrible single-spawn camp due to repop time.

The key for a ranger is to have invis and harmony memmed. Don't turn a blind corner without being invised and when in doubt harmony pull to avoid getting two (don't need line of sight...can harmo through walls and floors). Fight in a safe spot and keep stuff snared in case you have to haul ass.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure on the answer to that question; there is a wide spread of levels on guards. I never bothered with them.

Incidentally, what are your earrings like?

The mid/late 20s are a great time to do some fear kiting in Iceclad Ocean and pick up a pair of Cougar Claw Earrings.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure on the answer to that question; there is a wide spread of levels on guards. I never bothered with them.

Incidentally, what are your earrings like?

The mid/late 20s are a great time to do some fear kiting in Iceclad Ocean and pick up a pair of Cougar Claw Earrings.
Orc Fang Earrings x2
Lamentation x2
Chipped Velium Amulet
Dwarven Work Boots
Clawed Knuckle-Rings x2
Crested Helmet

Everything else is Banded.

Saving up now for a pair of 65HP rings, then SCHW. After that I shouldn't need to buy any gear until it's time to start doing Thurg armor.
Closed Thread