Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are all good points.

Man, Wizards really should've had Clarity...that would've fixed them. Maybe even a really powerful self-only Clarity too.

Wizards have harvest which should actually work better for them based on their mechanics. They traditionally do more bursty work and need a large influx of mana rather than that smaller trickle. The large burst can also be equivalent to the slow trickle if you are just using it as it becomes available. Unfortunately harvest wasn't implemented very well. Too long a cooldown and really should have scaled better.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

You know what game fits in all your RULES and BOXES and CAGES?

WORLD OF WARCRAFT

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ive had it up to here with your rules!
Old 06-12-2019, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

I also agree the clarity line should have gone to the wizards that class does suck qq
Old 06-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Banned

you guys didnt play classic then, wizards did more dps then any class because everyone had crappy gear / weapons and had no idea how to play

no one charmed anything in classic people who tried literally just died

now people are great at this game and everything is trivial
Old 06-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys didnt play classic then, wizards did more dps then any class because everyone had crappy gear / weapons and had no idea how to play

no one charmed anything in classic people who tried literally just died

now people are great at this game and everything is trivial
Look P99 probably hasn't emulated everything perfectly. Maybe charming is too easy here, IDK.

But I do know that Wizards were considered gimp damage dealers even on live in the classic era. There's a reason why Verant gave them Mana Burn immediately after this era (and of course in typical Verant fashion they went too far and made them broken, but that's not the point).

But the point is, Verant wouldn't have given them that AA, and Wizards all over Norath wouldn't have celebrated "finally being valuable" ... if wizards were already the best DPS on live.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Also staff of temperate flux was put in to fix the gimpy wizard, yeah i do remember the class being frustrated and even my best bud I was like secretly "I wish mutato was something other than a dang wizard o well"
Old 06-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why the hell are there 5 plate wearing classes? Bards should not wear plate.
The one that's always bothered me is rogues wearing chain. Why would someone who wants to be sneaky and such want to wear something that makes a lot of noise?
Old 06-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one that's always bothered me is rogues wearing chain. Why would someone who wants to be sneaky and such want to wear something that makes a lot of noise?
To be fair, have you actually heard someone wearing a chain shirt? My college housemate made himself one (it took a very long time), and it was a whole quieter than I would have expected.

Most leather armor would still be quieter I think; I'm just saying the difference isn't that big.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly I really like that EQ bucked those conventions, when they started to steer back to the tropes that each class cant dawn the same types of armors that you cant in D&D I felt it became more cookie cutter.

The full plate druids pre kunark, that shit was dope.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well if we all wore sexy BDSM pleather we'd squeak rather than clink.
Closed Thread