Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true, you just /quit close to the ground then when you next log in you'd be back where you left off but with zero velocity and as such the short fall would be quite survivable.

I wouldn't be suprised if /load could also circumvent it.
Are you sure that worked? Your character doesn't poof the second you /q and you can take damage and die to mobs in that time. I would think fall damage would stick too, but then again, I never tried.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

Damage from fall and (elements of) character location is client side. As soon as you /quit there is nothing making fall damage decisions.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Aviak

More like you would turn into an NPC when linkdead. People could attack you, etc. And you would take no fall damage. Linkdead behavior is different on p99.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Kobold

I saw a female monk yesterday in sebilis with a t-staff solo'ing those bugs and mowing them down the triple attack it was a sight to see
Old 09-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Blam Stick is even better now is all I’m reading
Old 09-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

this thread is painful to read.
*monk triple attack is innate at 60 and only applies to 2H Blunt

"Rogean: [Kunark/Sep2000/Oct2001] Applied Era Rules to Weapon Damage Bonus Calculations. "
*Making monks 2H Blunt less garbage

Rogean: [Oct2001] Modified damage tables both Pre and Post this Era for all level ranges to account for changes made in that patch. Previously, On P99, Warriors, Rangers, Monks, and Rogues were on the same damage tables from 51 to 60, which should not be the case. We have separated Rogues, Monks, and then the rest to their own damage tables for Pre and Post Oct2001. Sounds like monks werent increased or decreased All of these classes except the Rogue received a slight damage table decrease relative to their previous-p99 values. Sounds like monks got a little nerf, contradicting what he previously stated ]Shadowknights, Paladins, and Bards will see a damage increase appropriate for Post Oct2001 changes. SK Pally Bard slight increase. Safe to assume Rangers and Warriors were nerfed

*Worded in a way that i believe we will never know the what actually happened. to monk DPS.

TL;DR Monk triple attack is innate at 60, Monk 2h blunt dmg was increased while monk dps overall was decreased. Neutralizing each other IMO
Last edited by Bbeta; 09-09-2019 at 07:05 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread is painful to read.
*monk triple attack is innate at 60 and only applies to 2H Blunt

"Rogean: [Kunark/Sep2000/Oct2001] Applied Era Rules to Weapon Damage Bonus Calculations. "
*Making monks 2H Blunt less garbage

Rogean: [Oct2001] Modified damage tables both Pre and Post this Era for all level ranges to account for changes made in that patch. Previously, On P99, Warriors, Rangers, Monks, and Rogues were on the same damage tables from 51 to 60, which should not be the case. We have separated Rogues, Monks, and then the rest to their own damage tables for Pre and Post Oct2001. Sounds like monks werent increased or decreased All of these classes except the Rogue received a slight damage table decrease relative to their previous-p99 values. Sounds like monks got a little nerf, contradicting what he previously stated ]Shadowknights, Paladins, and Bards will see a damage increase appropriate for Post Oct2001 changes. SK Pally Bard slight increase. Safe to assume Rangers and Warriors were nerfed

*Worded in a way that i believe we will never know the what actually happened. to monk DPS.

TL;DR Monk triple attack is innate at 60, Monk 2h blunt dmg was increased while monk dps overall was decreased. Neutralizing each other IMO
lol, I have 100's of fights parsed and could talk to you about my rogue and it's DPS.

i'm wondering has anyone parsed TOV level weapons 1 hander vs. 2 hander on monk since the most recent patch.

I think we will know, just want to know if anyone knows already.
Last edited by mefdinkins; 09-09-2019 at 08:28 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, I have 100's of fights parsed and could talk to you about my rogue and it's DPS.

i'm wondering has anyone parsed TOV level weapons 1 hander vs. 2 hander on monk since the most recent patch.

I think we will know, just want to know if anyone knows already.
I have been parsing in Ntov and 1 handers are still king. now i dont have an abashi's but im using a 40 35 and 1 handers are still parsing much better. Rule of thumb, mobs with high ac and high HP, using 1 handers and hitting fast is better, mobs with low ac and low hp u can blow up with 2 hander. So maybe 2hb is better then they were a week ago for classic content but end game 2 handers are still trash
Old 09-10-2019, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rule of thumb, mobs with high ac and high HP, using 1 handers and hitting fast is better, mobs with low ac and low hp u can blow up with 2 hander.
That rule of thumb is now totally and completely obsolete.

A 35 delay 2hander now applies a damage bonus of 31 every 3.5 seconds (8.86 dmg per second in damage bonus)

If you had a 17 delay 1hander you're applying 11 dmg bonus per 1.7 seconds (6.47 dmg per second in damage bonus)

Haste in this instance is irrelevant as it works for both near equally whether at 0% haste or 100% haste. 2handers now actually put out more total damage bonus than the very fastest 1hander's out there. You would need a mainhand base delay of 12 to beat out a 35 delay 2hander. A mainhand base delay of 13 still loses to 35 delay for the strict purposes of damage bonus application.

Point is? On high ac mobs 2handers will generate more damage bonus than any 1handers in existence. This completely up-ends the oldschool approach of fast primary on high ac mobs like AoW and the like. A rocking endgame BiS duel wield setup will still be rockin dps, but more readily attainable raid 2handers (excluding Abashi which is better) will now be extremely competitive if not possibly better than gharns/other.

My Tstaff at 29/30 is now completely destroying my epic/SoM combo on both trash xp mobs and high ac raid mobs. It used to be that epic/SoM was roughly equivalent to slightly better on trash xp mobs and significantly better on high ac mobs. TStaff applies 29 dmg every 3 seconds (9.66 dmg per second). Epic fist applies 11dmg per 1.6 seconds (6.875 dmg per second). Other and much more cheap IFS applies 34 dmg per 4 seconds (8.5dmg per second).

The tables have turned. It’s doubtful I’ll ever use epic fist for dps moving forward unless I need to push. Mainhand 1hander dmg bonus is flatly inferior to 2hander. Weapon ratio is ultimately of supreme importance but given comparable balanced ratios 2handers have that edge.

All of this ignores the fact that triple attack shifts the scales even further in favor of 2handers for reasons that should be obvious to us all.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-10-2019 at 12:35 AM..
Old 09-10-2019, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Interestingly both shovel of harvest at 50/43 and Trorsmang at 40/35 are only about 9% better than TStaff 29/30 because 30 is right about the sweet spot for returns on damage bonus. Trorsmang and Shovel should parse virtually identically thanks to the better delay dmg bonus on Trorsmang. Vs TStaff that 9% is before you factor in the unreasonable 120 DD proc. Functionally TStaff proc is 4dps over time at max dex. TStaff thus floats only 3-5% lower than every raid 2hander except abashi. On really high ac mobs TStaff may perform even closer for the same reason fast one handers used to be better.

Abashi is also at that sweet spot for delay and is 25% better before you factor in the proc from TStaff.

I’m dying to see a real life parse comparison of 15/18 and 16/19 vs 40/30
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread