Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgo86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure someone got one last GM event in WC. It was a Ranger who got it IIRC. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, there was some bamboozling going on at that event [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: on Blue
I mean the story was related to Sirken leaving but they came out and said it was nonsense.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

I knew I had seen one somewhere:

https://youtu.be/di3LQuP6NJY?list=PL...1ordhQTM&t=185

But it's from 2013 so yeah - not sure of any recent events that had one as a reward... Oh well.

There are other rare but obtainable items - could always try for a https://wiki.project1999.com/Pegasus_Feather_Cloak

-Mcoy
Old 05-04-2020, 05:01 PM
Aviak

Sirken from what I remember was a pretty nice guy. I think he helped me out with an issue at one point when I first got started.

It is a total long shot winning an item from a GM event, but if they held the events several times a year that would mean more chances and more chances means its possible.

Idk, I am in the very early stages of coping at the moment. Being a nerd who has loved this game his entire life I know that some of you may literally laugh out loud at the thought of some guy crying over pixels, but to some of us, it means a lot more than you can imagine.

Just sucks. Thats all.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacoby44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk, I am in the very early stages of coping at the moment. Being a nerd who has loved this game his entire life I know that some of you may literally laugh out loud at the thought of some guy crying over pixels, but to some of us, it means a lot more than you can imagine.

Just sucks. Thats all.
Here's the thing about "crying over pixels": we all do it, whether we admit it in the forum or not.

EQ is a game that requires you to invest in it. Really, there's just no way to kill that same frog/skeleton/goblin/whatever over and over for hundreds of times unless you buy into the idea that "this world matters" and that your short-term efforts are building towards something of greater consequence.

IMHO all the jokes about these virtual items we lust after "just being pixels" are a reflection of that: we're all laughing at ourselves for wanting a digital 1 or 0 because we're all heavily invested in acquiring that 1/0. But once you recognize that ... once you realize that you created that feeling of investment, and that desire to achieve a goal ... then it frees you up to make a new goal, to get invested in a new way.

Maybe you will never get a Guise, and maybe I will never get a Manastone, but both those were just artificial goals we created for ourselves to have fun. If they stop serving that purpose, it's time to cast them aside and pick new ones that do.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

I just want an epic. That would be epic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Banned

if your life goals and bucket lists involve digital items in an elf world you have much bigger problems causing your depression
Old 05-04-2020, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if your life goals and bucket lists involve digital items in an elf world you have much bigger problems causing your depression
Says a lot about you though.. You come to a mostly positive thread and start throwing shit into the fan. Have some class with your trolling scumbag.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:44 PM
Large Bat

Thumbs up

Well said strongNpretty, I wish we had a thumbs up feature, but this will have to suffice.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well said strongNpretty, I wish we had a thumbs up feature, but this will have to suffice.
Yeah sorry on behalf of Bigsham, He's a cunt. Carry on ya'll! Yacoby, keep yo'head up man, and just keep on keepin on with what makes you happy!
Old 05-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Let it go. Just let it go. Seriously, I say this well aware of the backlash that may erupt but......... this is just a computer game, there are many more important things in life.
Closed Thread