Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Large Rat

First, I hope you are here for a long time and defeat any health issues.

There are some other classy shrink items that are/will be available. My live char, a troll warrior, although born on launch day, never got a guise. I simply didn’t know they were going anywhere. They are not as common or easy to get though.

Amulet of necropotence - skeleton illusion. Laugh every time you proc. Amazing stuff.

Crown of deceit - not sure what era, I believe kunark. Wood elf illusion questable crown. Requires faction to frogs so somewhat rare due to faction grind. Can anyone confirm the era on this?

Again. I hope your health problems improve and you are well.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sorry on behalf of Bigsham, He's a cunt. Carry on ya'll! Yacoby, keep yo'head up man, and just keep on keepin on with what makes you happy!
Thanks a lot man. Random strangers reaching out to console another human being in need really means a lot. I remember when my ex left me, I thought I would literally never get over her yet here I am today. Hopefully getting over Guise will be just a tad bit easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciksixsx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, I hope you are here for a long time and defeat any health issues.

There are some other classy shrink items that are/will be available. My live char, a troll warrior, although born on launch day, never got a guise. I simply didn’t know they were going anywhere. They are not as common or easy to get though.

Amulet of necropotence - skeleton illusion. Laugh every time you proc. Amazing stuff.

Crown of deceit - not sure what era, I believe kunark. Wood elf illusion questable crown. Requires faction to frogs so somewhat rare due to faction grind. Can anyone confirm the era on this?

Again. I hope your health problems improve and you are well.
This message really meant a lot, more than you know. The odds are definitely stacked against me and barring any medical advances in the very near future, I feel like 2+ years is going to be a long shot.

You never know though, with all this trash RNG, maybe I am bound to get lucky at least once? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2020, 07:09 PM
Fire Giant

Once shrink pots are back in that will be a help. At the end of the day, those legacy items seemed to be too much of a pain to be worth it. I thought I wanted a guise, but I never even ended up getting on any list despite being here from beginning and having sufficient levels. It was a severe time investment and I heard plenty of horror stories a out folks missing a AFK check after 50+ hours.

There is so much fun to be had, and pixels to gather, but being good to yourself doesn’t always hash with EQ. Best of luck with your well-being. These are troubling times, but there is much to be hopeful for, and good days ahead.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

So, maybe a stupid question, but if you want to be a DE warrior so bad why not just roll a native DE warrior?

It won't be min/max. Faction will take a hit. It will be harder to get along than being an ogre with guise....

But isn't that challenge the real fun of the thing? You'll be more unique, one of very few.

And when you've got a corpse run to do, you'll show up as a DE and everyone will be like, "oh shit, I thought he was a barb/ogre/troll" or whatever the min/max fotm is at that point.

Then, if you really want bonus points to take it to the next level, go for the AoN.

BTW, keep your head up. Don't know what has got a grip on you, but there are medical advances every day. You know how that last guy felt when he was #1 on the /list and the patch fell? Well there is a reverse of that... like the guy who got the first polio vaccine.

Pulling for you.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacoby44 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, I have been a part of this community off and on over the years, so I already know what I am basically getting into by posting this, but usually the one or two decent people I hear from sometimes helps to ease the pain.

I unfortunately found out about P99 Green super late (April) and one of the things that pulled me in was the chance for me to loot a Guise of the Deceiver on my dream warrior.

I second guessed myself on if it would be worth it or not to join this late with the goal of looting a legacy item, but after reading the wiki for Green it specifically had May 2020 crossed out and June 2020 filled in for the Temple of Solusek Ro / Legacy item removal date.

I know many of you are going to say that these were just estimates and fair enough, but I used that post as the basis for starting on this game once again and now after dragging some friends and family along I really feel like a complete failure.

I am not trying to make this a sob story, but I know that at least one of the posts responding to this thread will most likely say "There is always next server." or Green 2.0, but unfortunately due to my health (I don't want to get into specifics and get trolled) There is a decent chance I may not be around when the next server comes out.

So basically, this post is not meant to cry, bitch and complain. I just really needed somewhere to vent. Because as sad as it may seem, having a maxed out warrior with a Guise was one of my bucket list dreams to make happen. Now that it is setting in that I most likely will not be able to accomplish that dream in the future, I have kind of fallen into a depression.

At this point, because my friend and sister are getting into the game, now I really feel guilty because I have lost almost all of my motivation to keep playing the game, at least for now. I am sure with time I will eventually get over it, but still I wanted to come here to talk about it because sometimes it makes me feel better.

So basically, I am trying to find things in the future (not super distant) that I can look forward to that might be around the same level of accomplishment as a Guise? Are there any fancy list items coming in Kunark that are comparable?

I really don't know how to feel about this. I am thankful that this free server is here for us to experience classic EQ on, but that date specifically being crossed out and getting, I am sure, a large number of people's hopes up that they still had a chance to loot a legacy item, just for that rug to be pulled out from under us really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

If I would of just found out about the server when most of you did, I would 100% have my goals accomplished. Sometimes in life though, you just get really unlucky I guess.

My poor sister who has been helping me along the way said "Fuck it, make two warriors!" It literally brought a tear to my eye the lengths she would go to see me happy.

So yeah, I am a sad boi. I need something to help numb the pain. Dabs and medication not doing the trick as usual.

I am gonna forget about this stupid mask and come back to loving the game again soon, right guys? I sure hope so.
Seriously, who gives a flying F about legacy items? Or for that matter maxing out that fast on Green, woohoo lets grief noobs while level 50 while we wait for Kunark to release in six or nine or twelve months
Old 05-04-2020, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, who gives a flying F about legacy items? Or for that matter maxing out that fast on Green, woohoo lets grief noobs while level 50 while we wait for Kunark to release in six or nine or twelve months
obviously a lot of people do.
so much so they had to invent an entire system to try and automate those camps.
---
Green
Vosttok the Luminary 60 Shaman
Megid 60 Wizard
Ryukerr 54 Druid
Vostt 51 Rogue
Old 05-05-2020, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't guises a frequent reward from GM events? Not saying it's likely, but it's still possible for you to get one on your warrior.

-Mcoy
When was the last time you saw a GM event? They didn't even bother with doing a GM event for this launch (which was historically one of the largest and most celebrated GM events in the early game).
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 05-05-2020, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

There's a good chance you wouldn't have gotten it even with a June date. I guess it just goes to show you not to place your hopes on unsure things.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Go Dark Elf...

or Iksar...
Old 05-05-2020, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

Hello Yaboby, I can understand your frustration about the change of dates and hopes of people for legacy items. Couple friends of mine got hit by the same thing. One was lvl 30 with his paladin, getting close.
What level is your warrior? It is probably not too late to roll a dark elf warrior. If that was your dream you should really do it. (unless your dream was about having a mask on a warrior.)
I'm a big fan of the more rare race/class combos. If played well this offsets most racial disadvantages you may have. Exception maybe if you plan to be the raid main tank. But who really has the time to commit to that?
And let's face it, the real deal is always being a dark elf. With the mask you're an ogre whenever you're dead, whenever you zone and every 20 minutes if you don't renew in time.
I'm not sure what your goal is. But if it's being a dark elf warrior I say go for it. It's about enjoying your time in the game.
You have friends and family playing with you? That's really great! So many people just play on their own.
Best of luck to you, Yacoby!
Closed Thread