Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 07:58 AM
Large Rat

Default So excited about P99!

Good morning all! Just wanted to pop by and introduce myself as a newcomer on the blue server. I first started with EverQuest back in about 7th or 8th grade (2003/2004ish) and took a Druid up to about level 40 before burning out. Despite never taking a character to max level I always appreciated the vibe of the game, as it was my first MMO (and you never forget your first!)

Fast-forward to now and I find myself in my late 20’s with a newborn daughter who prefers to wake her dad up around 4-5am (mom generally takes the late shifts, I get the early shifts). While rocking her back to sleep one morning, I stumbled across a Project99 Twitch channel and decided classic EQ would be the perfect way to pass the early mornings/late nights, as it’s generally a bit more laid back than other games. Thus, here I am!

I’ve already totally overwhelmed by the helpful and gracious community; I’ve rarely hunted without buffs from higher level characters passing through Halas, and I’ve even had a couple generous souls toss some plat my way to help me buy my early spells and some armor. I’ve found that playing the game while caring for my daughter has helped me to slow down and appreciate all the little details, and I’m loving it. So if you happen to see Eburk, the level 5 (almost 6!) Shaman cruising through Halas in the wee hours of the morning, feel free to say hi and make sure that I’m still awake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome, always good to have new blood.

Make sure to check out the Green server starting on Oct 25. It will be a fresh server with no twinks etc.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:29 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome, always good to have new blood.

Make sure to check out the Green server starting on Oct 25. It will be a fresh server with no twinks etc.
Thanks! I may have to give it a look.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! I may have to give it a look.
You can't pass up a fresh launch man!!!
Old 10-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Orc

Welcome!
Old 10-14-2019, 04:59 AM
Sarnak

Hey there. If you happen to enjoy the blue server more than the upcoming green server (where there will initially be no wealth, twinks, generous hi-level people) you should check out Stream Team. We are a small family type guild with skilled members who like to raid everything except the contested end game targets (yet!).

In any case, welcome back to EQ! It's a wonderful game, and community.

-Lavendel
Old 10-14-2019, 06:22 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey there. If you happen to enjoy the blue server more than the upcoming green server (where there will initially be no wealth, twinks, generous hi-level people) you should check out Stream Team. We are a small family type guild with skilled members who like to raid everything except the contested end game targets (yet!).

In any case, welcome back to EQ! It's a wonderful game, and community.

-Lavendel
Thanks, I may just take you up on that!
Old 10-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Welcome back to Norrath, friend.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm new here as well and very excited about green. Like most of us I'm an EQ veteran but I never got to experience classic EQ. The first time I got to play was just before Kunark was released but I only played for a few days and then not again until many years later after Gates of Discord had been released. Despite all those years between I never lost the fondness I had for the game. You have no idea how sad I was when I finally got back ingame to discover that I'd never get to go on a boat ride in EQ, as weird as that may seem.

I feel privileged to now be able to experience classic EQ in as near a way to the original as it can be. It's been something I've long wished I could have been able to be a part of.
Closed Thread