Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Green - Trying to figure out resolution settings..

Trying to get things setup for green, and a bit appalled that they've apparently removed the ability to adjust your resolution in game (?????)... and apparently I can't use 1920 x 1080 in any playable way (????).

While this decision is completely mind boggling and something I'll never understand, it's not why I came here to post this.

Is there a guide of some sort that documents how I go about setting my resolution since we apparently have to go into configuration files and do it manually (???? how is this a good idea?????)? I've come across random tidbits of information in the comments of a couple of different threads using the search function, but I wouldn't consider myself a tech savvy guy, and have gotten myself into some trouble trying to adjust it on my own. I think I exited the game in full screen mode, and now I can't even login in as the game crashes before I even make it to the character select screen.

Also, is it at all possible to play using my computers native 1080p resolution?

Thanks in advance for any info anybody may be able to provide to a dumb noob hoping to enjoy this great game again!
Old 10-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

I just adjusted my resolution last night so, it wasn't removed.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Alt+O

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just adjusted my resolution last night so, it wasn't removed.
Hmmm... maybe I wasn't looking in the correct spot then. I'll take another look. Hoping I can figure out how to take the game out of full screen mode as it's crashing before I can even get to char select every time.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwow84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm... maybe I wasn't looking in the correct spot then. I'll take another look. Hoping I can figure out how to take the game out of full screen mode as it's crashing before I can even get to char select every time.

Thanks!
Go into your EQ INI file and change the value from FULL SCREEEN to WINDOWED. Or from FALSE to TRUE. I can't remember how it goes, but it is pretty easy once you find it. Once in the INI file just do a CNTRL+F and type WINDOWED and you will find the value.

Then when in game, hit ALT+O and click on DISPLAY tab. Then click the VIDEO MODES button in the bottom right hand corner of that window.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go into your EQ INI file and change the value from FULL SCREEEN to WINDOWED. Or from FALSE to TRUE. I can't remember how it goes, but it is pretty easy once you find it. Once in the INI file just do a CNTRL+F and type WINDOWED and you will find the value.

Then when in game, hit ALT+O and click on DISPLAY tab. Then click the VIDEO MODES button in the bottom right hand corner of that window.
Worked like a charm. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwow84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worked like a charm. Thank you!
Glad to have helped! Hope to run across you in Norrath one day!
Old 10-16-2019, 01:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok, so it turns out I'm just a fool and couldn't find the resolution settings in the game. Everything works great after I found out how to get there with Alt+O.

Thanks for the replies everybody!
Old 10-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ok, so it turns out I'm just a fool and couldn't find the resolution settings in the game. Everything works great after I found out how to get there with Alt+O.

Thanks for the replies everybody!
You may want to log out every time in Windowed mode if you are having issues. Before I went to the 4:3 ratio and I was playing in fullscreen and widescreen, I had to log out every time in Windowed mode so when I logged in, it didn't crash.

Just some food for thought!
Closed Thread