Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is a legit complaint about Blizz and I agree w loramin 100%, but how did Blizz drop the ball with classic? I'm loving classic lol.
Well, first off, they took the lazy way out and released version 2.0.1 and passed it off like 1.12.1- The only proof I have is how easy the instances, MOBS and raids are right now. They were NOT that easy back in 1.12.1, but they ARE acting exactly as they did after the TBC launch.

Layering- 'nuff said! I left the game cause I was tired of never seeing the same people again. ZERO sense of community!

Their inability to listen to the community and leave layering where it belongs, in the trash, and release more servers instead.

Their blatant lies about exploits and itemization- They continuously would fight tooth and nail about an item or a mechanic being "classic" and "its that way on the reference client" until someone shoved it down their throat they were wrong, then they would change it! The items that were exploited in the layering scheme are still in the game and the economy was far ruined before I even stopped playing a couple of weeks ago.

I think that's enough for now.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, first off, they took the lazy way out and released version 2.0.1 and passed it off like 1.12.1- The only proof I have is how easy the instances, MOBS and raids are right now. They were NOT that easy back in 1.12.1, but they ARE acting exactly as they did after the TBC launch.

Layering- 'nuff said! I left the game cause I was tired of never seeing the same people again. ZERO sense of community!

Their inability to listen to the community and leave layering where it belongs, in the trash, and release more servers instead.

Their blatant lies about exploits and itemization- They continuously would fight tooth and nail about an item or a mechanic being "classic" and "its that way on the reference client" until someone shoved it down their throat they were wrong, then they would change it! The items that were exploited in the layering scheme are still in the game and the economy was far ruined before I even stopped playing a couple of weeks ago.

I think that's enough for now.
Layering is being phased out, right? Agree it never should have been in to start with tho. Aren't the exploited items a drop in a bucket tho, all things considered? These servers are likely all going to end up like blue99 with everything being super top-heavy and fast, with nowhere for players to advance after x many years. Don't see how a handful of extra items could destroy the servers this early in.

Literally zero idea what you're talking about with 2.0.1 tho, so maybe I'm just ignorant.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally zero idea what you're talking about with 2.0.1 tho, so maybe I'm just ignorant.
Did you play back in the 2004-2006 era pre-TBC? It was nearly impossible to fight more than one MOB at a time, especially as a Warrior, which is what i leveled up in vanilla and in classic. I was kicking 2 MOBs asses at a time when I played classic, sometimes 3 MOBs....I could NEVER EVER do that in vanilla!

There was no way anyone could go in and drop Rag or Ony (especially Ony) without any fire resist gear and an entire raid full of level 58s and 59s! There was no way anyone could do that without at least having some BIS gear or, at the very least, a few pieces of your first dungeon set....

It's nerfed! It's nerfed to the point that Blizzard nerfed it right before the first expansion release! The devs here at Project 1999 can reverse engineer a game from 1999 for free, but a billion dollar company's devs can't....

And what's worse....they lied and are passing it off as 1.12.1 and nearly no one believes them.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoyed it, having never played wow before. Made it to 20 in about as many days and fizzled out. Most people i added to friends seemed to disappear too. Not many people were chatty. Not like p1999.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you play back in the 2004-2006 era pre-TBC? It was nearly impossible to fight more than one MOB at a time, especially as a Warrior, which is what i leveled up in vanilla and in classic. I was kicking 2 MOBs asses at a time when I played classic, sometimes 3 MOBs....I could NEVER EVER do that in vanilla!

There was no way anyone could go in and drop Rag or Ony (especially Ony) without any fire resist gear and an entire raid full of level 58s and 59s! There was no way anyone could do that without at least having some BIS gear or, at the very least, a few pieces of your first dungeon set....

It's nerfed! It's nerfed to the point that Blizzard nerfed it right before the first expansion release! The devs here at Project 1999 can reverse engineer a game from 1999 for free, but a billion dollar company's devs can't....

And what's worse....they lied and are passing it off as 1.12.1 and nearly no one believes them.
Yeah I played from day 1. Had a guild with my RL nerd friends, and those bastards all made me go horde with them when I wanted to be an elf badass.

Game doesn't feel different to me, but this was literally 15 years ago. I remember the game feeling dumbed down a lot from EQ, and I was especially mad that I couldn't talk mad shit to the alliance players I murdered.

Nothinig will ever compare to EQ pvp, I'm afraid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

still no idea what you're talking about with the easy pve though. game feels like classic wow to me.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
still no idea what you're talking about with the easy pve though. game feels like classic wow to me.
I just explained it.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people i added to friends seemed to disappear too. Not many people were chatty. Not like p1999.
Different style of game, different requirements and atmosphere. It's funny, WoW players only started repping about their community when someone from the EQP99 community made a point about it (in recent years).

TL/DR: WoW never had one. Barrens chat was just some chat.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

How is anyone not aware that blizzard is dogshit now?

Diablo: Immortal

Open your eyes people.
They have to 'remaster' old games just to be relevant.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ironically, if the people of Hong Kong were actually regulated by Chinese minimum wage, labor, and union laws they would better off than they are now.
Ironically, China doesn't give a shit about minimum wage, labor, and union laws.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilirubin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goal of Hong Kong is to be bastion of the free market economics and legal systems to help bring over Western business.The Hong Kong protests are literally a reaction to the deep corruption of their government's status quo that heavily favors entrenched foreign capitalist interests.

Ironically, if the people of Hong Kong were actually regulated by Chinese minimum wage, labor, and union laws they would better off than they are now.
I'm kinda disappointed Teppler hasn't been broadcasting about this. Seems up his alley.
Closed Thread