Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Default Guards at Kelethin

Not sure if this is a bug or as intended (I have not played much in this zone before). I got into a spot of trouble with a few lovely bandits in G. Fay and hot footed it to the guard at the newbie lift. I made it and the bandits caught up to me. I expected the guard to be dispatching justice, but he just sat there as they punctured my vital organs alphabetically.

Should the guard have given the beat down to the bandits or is he acting as he should?
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 10-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Those wood elf Bandits are not KOS to begin with PC elves (indiff I believe?) so they likely are not to the guards either.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:56 PM
Developer

I don't believe they should assist. I didn't research very long, but found this from 2003:

Quote:
In Greater Faydark, there are three girl bandits. One I watched someone else kill. One conned dark blue and the last one conned red. Well, the other two didn't help the one who got killed by the other person, so i thought i'd go after the easy one. Sure enough i finished her off only to find that the red one was attacking me. I looted the corpse (which gives wood elf blood and wood elf parts, highly disturbing to me already being a wood elf (dont scream cannibal i sold the stuff imediatly)) and ran for Kelethin. Of course the guards didnt help..
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...04662231124195
Old 10-17-2019, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

no evidence other than i played many of wood elves in classic when i was a teenager, this sounds right

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Closed Thread