Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point was, I don't think anyone would consider a 60%+ exp penalty "small'.
Tru dat, gurlfriend!
Old 10-16-2019, 07:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would the exp penalty keep you from playing? EQ is not a race.
Even if it’s a leisurely stroll, I’d rather not do it with 2 broken legs.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you not play the class you want to play because of a small experience penalty? People are so weird!
Because a 60% penalty isn’t small. The only weird thing to me is somebody that would describe it as such.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvwow84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because a 60% penalty isn’t small. The only weird thing to me is somebody that would describe it as such.
Fake news
Frst off, it's not 60, it's 1.4x1.2=1.68(troll SK only)
Second off, that only applies to soloing. In a group, you earn proportional to the exp you've earned. Troll SKs will be more exp, similar to how a char 2-3 levels higher in the group will earn more exp. Your group will need more kills to level, maybe 10% more. But it will also probably be a better group with a tank that has tons of str/STA and snap aggo.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news
Second off, that only applies to soloing. In a group, you earn proportional to the exp you've earned. Troll SKs will be more exp, similar to how a char 2-3 levels higher in the group will earn more exp. Your group will need more kills to level, maybe 10% more. But it will also probably be a better group with a tank that has tons of str/STA and snap aggo.
Troll SK is about 68% Penalty.....lol Dem hell levels tho!
Old 10-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fake news
I like the spirit of what you're saying, but that "will also probably be a better group" part threw me. If you crunched the numbers I rather doubt that a Troll SK's additional value over a Human Warrior will be even close to the extra XP he'll take from the group.

I still think people should invite Troll SKs to their group, but it's just that it's not correct to imply the class/race benefits are balanced with their exact penalty. I think just about everyone (including Verant later on, at least for classes) would agree the exact percentages originally assigned as penalties were not perfectly matched to the race/class powers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the spirit of what you're saying, but that "will also probably be a better group" part threw me. If you crunched the numbers I rather doubt that a Troll SK's additional value over a Human Warrior will be even close to the extra XP he'll take from the group.

I still think people should invite Troll SKs to their group, but it's just that it's not correct to imply the class/race benefits are balanced with their exact penalty. I think just about everyone (including Verant later on, at least for classes) would agree the exact percentages originally assigned as penalties were not perfectly matched to the race/class powers.
The next question is why would you want a warrior over pet class, heh.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The next question is why would you want a warrior over pet class, heh.
Well if we had classic pet mechanics that wouldn't even be a question right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But unless you want a group member to have to root everything, on Green I think you'll want a PC to tank.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Banned

u undA estimaTe dA PoweR of snAp aggRo in ruSty weP dunageon CrWLing
Old 10-16-2019, 12:50 PM
Banned

Warriors absolutely are horrid in classic and most of kubark. Gotta have the SK to tank. You nerds crunching numbers don’t take into fact the QoL of an SK tanking. Clearly never played much classic.
Closed Thread