Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Chat Channels Brought early?
Yes 83 54.97%
No 68 45.03%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Part of Classic eq is only being able to talk to people in your zone. If people can't understand that, then I guess they never will. Not trying to be offensive or anything...... I just remember fighting for so long to get global ooc removed, and when it finally was, the EC tunnel was born, and so was classic eq : D I think the pop would have to drop back down to 300 for something like this to happen.

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 04-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

The best thing about chat channels is you can choose to never join any automatically. If you don't want them, you can turn them off personally.

lol wut
Old 04-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best thing about chat channels is you can choose to never join any automatically. If you don't want them, you can turn them off personally.
oh god i heard that argument a ton when we had the discussion about global ooc. "If you dont like global ooc just turn it off" ....*sigh*

How about that: If you dont like ench charm being OP, just dont use it! ooh wait
Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh god i heard that argument a ton when we had the discussion about global ooc. "If you dont like global ooc just turn it off" ....*sigh*

How about that: If you dont like ench charm being OP, just dont use it! ooh wait
Serverwide OOC was enough to make me vote no on this poll. It made it easier to LFG, but it's not worth all of the spam and BS.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

I voted no, but I would vote yes if the chat channels only worked in the zone you are in. That way if you are on a raid, and classes want to have their own side discussion, you could do it without spamming OOC and guild chat.

If you made the chat channels serverwide, EC tunnel would die.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

You guys know you could just use IRC right?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Large Bat

More opt in-abilities for communication = more ability for players to bond socially and discuss the game.

Given that everyone could log into irc, I don't see that this is anything but a convenience. If you're worried that it creates server-wide comm, then just cap a chat channel size.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
more ability for players to bond socially and discuss the game.

big lol @ social bonding and game discussion.... ah, to be young and naive..
Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why do you think it matters what the players want?
Voted no, it shouldn't matter.

If all of you want an experience as close to classic as possible, then you would want the devs to try as hard as possible to match the original patch timeline.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Also voted no.

Famously on my old servers, the chat channel I remember was the trade channel. Lets not kill the EC tunnel shall we? Love it there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread