Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 06:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Question about weapon skill ups

I've finally started using a 1h slash, a Combine Scimitar, on my level 25 druid. I raised skills in one day from single digits to 104 on blue (seems formidible) SK elephants by fearing them. I believe I always got at least 2 skill points per elephant, at most 6.

After reaching skill 104, I've killed 6 or 7 elephants without a single skill up. Am I having a bad case of RNG, or is there a mechanic I'm not aware of.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

You are at the cap of that level. On my re-rolled druid I've been keeping 1HB and 1HS capped per lvl. I forget the exact number but I'm somewhere around 100. I've noticed you get 4 skillups per lvl. Whereas the melee get 5 per lvl. By the way my druid is currently level 24.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the reply and information.

I was using http://www.eqwiki.net/wiki/Skill_Caps/Druid . So perhaps EQ Live is different, though its possible the chart is just wrong.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Man, I remember on my warrior when I was 48 I decided to first use dual weild. I think it was like multiple levels before my skills even got close to cap, and that was only 1hs.

Def easier on p99
Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Just keep a weapon of each type and max all your skill as you level, specially if you are a melee...
If you fail to do that, just ask groups if you can skill up out of the group while you wait for a room, skilling is quick when you do that...
Old 03-28-2019, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just keep a weapon of each type and max all your skill as you level, specially if you are a melee...
If you fail to do that, just ask groups if you can skill up out of the group while you wait for a room, skilling is quick when you do that...
Can confirm. Leveled my rogues 1hb using a mod rod and a cracked staff while waiting for group spot to open the other day.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just do it in an exp group and let the crybabies cry.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Druid... XP group... does not compute??
Closed Thread